Used Bell Magic value

I’m trying to get an idea as to what a used Bell Magic black gold composite with ash gunwales in excellent condition, about a 9.5 out of 10, is worth. Its hardly been used and well taken care of, a few very minor scratches on the bottom but that’s about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Where are you located?
Location can effect the local market value.

– Last Updated: Mar-20-15 9:26 AM EST –

I'm in Ohio but when I listed it for $2000 I got calls from all over the country, Maine, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Florida, Texas, Louisiana, Virginia etc. that outnumbered the local response at a 3 to 1 ratio, I got so many responses it was ridiculous so I'm wondering if it was listed too cheap. I really don't want to sell it but am finding it hard to find time to get out and use it in the growing season and my girlfriend HALF convinced me the money could be better used to buy something we could make money on. If I have to sell it I want to get what I can out of it.

Anyway I haven't got any pictures yet and understandably the serious buyers from a distance want to see it first so I took it down because I don't have time to call back a hundred people who want pictures as I'm an Organic farmer and its that time of year. I guess I'll put it back up when I get some pictures but that might be a month. To be honest I was rather shocked by the response, I really wasn't expecting that much interest in a high end Canoe around here but I guess they don't come up for sale very often.

To be honest, when I cleaned it up I felt like I didn't want to sell it, it looks almost new as I really babied it and didn't use it much as I Sea Kayaked up and down the coast a lot when I lived in the SF Bay area. As much as I love paddle sports its not worth going back to being a wage slave so I can make time for it and even though I'm always crazy busy I love what I'm doing and being my own boss too. Can't have everything I guess.

All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind.
Aristotle

$2000 is more than I would have said for value. If you can get that much I’d say take it. You’ll get lots of people who are interested and lots of low ball offers. Very few who actually have the desire, money, and means to procure it.

Alan