Used gear purchases, it's all about timing

When I decided I needed a canoe cart I looked around for a used one but couldn’t find one so bought a new one for $160. I’m pretty happy with it. Since then I’ve seen nice used ones pop up periodically for around $40 or less. Just to add insult to injury the older ones have inflatable tires and more importantly they use real bicycle wheels with low friction bearings which would be nice for my long drag over rough terrain. Argh.

https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/boa/d/clarkston-kayak-cart/6983716590.html

Earlier this summer I saw two different “like new” used Thule roof racks with aero bars that would fit my vehicle; one was $175 and one was $200. Quiet aero bars would be nice but rather than drive 75 minutes each way I thought I’d wait until one showed up closer to home since they are obviously so common. Still haven’t seen any close by at any price and all the ones I see are more like $400. :’(

Don’t see a kick stand on those carts. Guess it doesn’t make much difference, but I like the one on my cart.

Not sure if there is a kickstand or not. I have the same type cart and the kickstand isn’t that obvious… There is a downside to inflatable tires.
You are toward the end a two mile portage and the tire goes flat. You were going to portage back to the car the same way. You realize that you left the bicycle pump at home. Don’t ask me how I know.

@Rookie said:
Don’t see a kick stand on those carts. Guess it doesn’t make much difference, but I like the one on my cart.
You’re right (and dangerously observant). I agree that the kickstand is a key feature. If they were closer I’d still buy one of them just to swap wheels with mine.

Timing and luck. But good used items constantly turn up. Patience and persistence!