Using a gun as a spare paddle

gun as paddle?
mmmm, that must be really good for the gun … all that water in the workin’s an such. when i watch cowboys n’ hunters carryin guns across the river, they’re always holdin’ them over their heads to make sure they don’t get em wet.

A bridge too far
Does anyone remember the movie “A Bridge Too Far”?

The US Army is doing a daylight river crossing in some British made foldable canvas canoes. The “issue” paddles are paddle shapes cut from flat boards.

The officer in charge of the assualt (I think it was Robert Redford) says “If you don’t have a paddle, use your rifle butt.”

So obviously the technique is endorsed by both the Army and “The Hollywood Establishment”.

I prefer…
…“Shoot back first.”

Sword Canes
If they make sword canes, why couldn’t they make a paddle that converts into a one shot gun? Removing the blade on one end would expose the barrel. The other end would have a simple screw together breach with a simple firing pin arrangement. Might be a little heavy, but it would be a unique conversation piece!

This site should re-named Paddles$ Ammo

Underwater Taser
Would a taser work against an electric eel? Could I just carry an eel instead? Could you paddle with an eel if you first dipped it in liquid nitrogen?

It’s going to be a long winter…

I tried this today. Just got in from the
Emergency Room with a bullet hole in my left hand. I am suing! It was working OK until branch caught the trigger.

you guys are going about this wrong
how about a spare paddle that doubles as a gun ? I honestly think there might be a market for that, something where the blade would come off and the shaft would then couple onto light weight pistol grip and turn into a single shot 12 or 20 gauge shotgun, some thing like a thompson contender,the shaft could be titanium to help keep the weight down .

Bob

troll troll troll troll
… this topic makes me want to sing …

give it a break, please?

70" of snow from these storms
42" from the Dec. 20-21 blizzard

4" more inches a couple days later

24" more inches from Dec. 28-29

I feel really sorry for the travelers who spent anywhere from 2 to 5 nights stuck at the airport.

You’re right I should take some off the rooves. It caused some damage a few years ago, but at least ours didn’t collapse like some people’s did!

Have you ever sledded your SOT?

also
It makes a great kayak kickstand when getting in the boat.

People give you lots of room.

sure
maybe a big spear on the other end.

And some tunes with volume control in the shaft.

Does rodney dangerfield kayak?

what’s the feather angle?
adjustable ferrule?

tough to paddle using a taser though