UV protection for a kayak?

I found the following paragraph on a webpage about caring for kayaks. This was a new one to me, but then again, everything about kayaks is new to me.

Where do you buy spray-on UV protection? I assume they’re not talking about Banana Boat. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Jane

UV Protection

Spray your plastic or fiberglass kayak with UV protection at least 3 times a year or more (depending on how often your boat is in the water). This will keep the gel-coat finish from fading as the kayak is directly exposed to the sun.

I use 303 which you can buy at any
paddling shop. Spray on wipe off.

Same here, except I don’t do it
"the bride does"

That’s why I married her.

cheers,

JackL

Ugh
I was afraid you were going to say that.

But is it this stuff that I finally found on the net?

http://www.303products.com/tech/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=428

“303 is THE LEADER in UV screening technology. 303 Aerospace Protectant really is like “SPF 40 Sunscreen … For Your Stuff.” Regular use gives 100% Prevention of UV caused slow-fade with regular use. No other “protectant” beautifies as intensely, protects as powerfully or lasts as long.”

If so, it looks like I may be able to find it at auto and marine stores too that are closer.

– Last Updated: Jul-06-07 9:18 AM EST –

West Marine sells 303 protector. It works. Vaughn Fulton

Thanks.
I somehow missed the “303” you had in the subject. I’ve done that a few times now. Need to pay more attention. : )

Thanks.
Thanks, Vaughn. I also just found that Campmor carries it on the web at a good price. I need to order some other stuff from there anyway, so that will save me a trip.