Valley / Skerry kayak identification

I need some help in identifying my kayak. It is 16’- 10" end to end, it has a `valley’ sticker on the hull behind the seat it has a retractable rudder and appears to be made of fiberglass. It has a number marked inside the hull,86llve, serial No., maybe?? I would appreciate any help anyone could give me relative to the year manufactured and the model…

Thanks.

bob4647@att.net

Hull ID
Hull ID number is at the stern, find it and email valley. Posting a picture would help ID it.

Valley Skerry

– Last Updated: Dec-17-11 8:33 AM EST –

Here are photos of composite and poly versions of a Skerry. A friend has ruddered one. Alongside my Nordkapp LV and Aquanaut his Skerry seems very high volume. The bow is closer in appearance to a Nordkapp bow than more recent Valley boats.

Ruddered Skerry
Here are 2 photos of a ruddered Skerry alongside a Nordkapp LV

I have a Valley Skerray Excel
It has a sticker on the hull behind the seat stating the model and then has the serial number DKJ94 063 A494. I was told that the kayak was manufactured in 1994. I have no idea what the DKJ or 063 stands for. Hope this helps.

The
Letters DKJ I believe is the code letters that say the kayak was imported by Great River Outfitters (Stan C).(each importer has a different code) the next numbers are the actual serial number…the A means the kayak was made in January and then you know the rest.(the year)

Best Wishes

Roy

are
you sure it’s a Skerrey? Valley made the sielkie which was also about that length. picture would help…also a width. does it have a chimp pump?

Best Wishes

Roy

Selkie
Could be… the Selkie was 16’6" x 24"

PDF of Valley’s Selkie brochure here: http://www.ukseakayakguidebook.co.uk/short_articles/valley_selkie.pdf

Photo sure would help.