Venus 11, anyone?

My daughter is looking for a yak for her use, that on occasion she might let Dad use. At a paddle demo, we both agreed the OK Venus 9’ was out the question, too slow and not enough tracking for either of our tastes. It seemed like the OK Caper was the best choice.

Then we saw the new Venus 11 at a store in San Antonio, and it grabbed our attention. Seems this boat is longer and more refined than the smaller sibling. But I can’t find anything, anywhere on the web about user feedback.

Does anyone own this boat, and if so, what’s your observations?

paddled it at a FBO demo
I was quite impressed, it paddled well, had good floatation, accelerated well, and was manueverable. the kicker is I’m 170 lb guy. while it’s not designed for someone like me it was very versatile. I’d give it a thumbs up!

Look For Used Mars
A few years agio, I bought an OK Mars for me, and I bought a 9’ Venus for Kathy.

The Venus just didn’t have enough capacity for anyone over 150#. We gave it to Kathy’s daughter who is maybe 120 soaking wet. It does fit her 80# granddaughter really well.

I wish we had bought two Mars, instead. The added capacity makes it a lot more versitile

I enjoyed the Mars a lot for a couple years, but I gained 30# and now looking to replace it. I am now over 200#. The capacity is listed at 230#.

But it is a good SOT for Kathy.

I really like the design, especially for surf launches, and short coastal trips.

OK doesn’t make it anymore, so you have to look for used

Look For Used Mars
A few years agio, I bought an OK Mars for me, and I bought a 9’ Venus for Kathy.

The Venus just didn’t have enough capacity for anyone over 150#. We gave it to Kathy’s daughter who is maybe 120 soaking wet. It does fit her 80# granddaughter really well.

I wish we had bought two Mars, instead. The added capacity makes it a lot more versitile

I enjoyed the Mars a lot for a couple years, but I gained 30# and now looking to replace it. I am now over 200#. The capacity is listed at 230#.

But it is a good SOT for Kathy.

I really like the design, especially for surf launches, and short coastal trips.

OK doesn’t make it anymore, so you have to look for used

won’t buy one
REI has their annual Paddle Demo day in phoenix and we always go to the thing to paddle a lot of fun boats.

I thought the Venus would be good for my daughter and she hated it.

It deosn’t matter if the thing is ‘made’ for a wom,an’s shape or not if it isn’t fun to paddle so find a shop and have her take everything they have out for an hour or ten and see what she likes.

Like I bought a Scrambler and Scrambler XT. I thought my daughter would like the wider XT (she is a big girl who also dives) but she likes the narrower Scrambler.

You never know.