View from the camp today

@DrowningDave said:
West Point looks nice but the sewage water from Atlanta is a bit unnerving.

Very clear water. Back in the day we used to paddle in White River south of Indy. It was dark and there were floaters. Makes the RV sewage hose childs play. Just remember that water also feeds a lot of municipal water systems and is necessary for oysters in Applachicola.

@Overstreet said:
On Lake Seminole we dodged the duck hunters when kayaking thru the stumps. They wear all camo in camo boats. They look like a small bushy thing where it shouldn’t be.

Around here duck hunting season is December and January. Lot of boating accidents with those guys - no cold water gear, no PFD’s. Usually lose at least one duck hunter a year - sad.

@eckilson said:
Still bow hunting around here until mid December.
Sometimes Blaze Orange isn’t enough…
http://www.concordmonitor.com/Police-Hunter-shot-woman-riding-bike-on-trail-13902620

@eckilson said:

@eckilson said:
Still bow hunting around here until mid December.
Sometimes Blaze Orange isn’t enough…
http://www.concordmonitor.com/Police-Hunter-shot-woman-riding-bike-on-trail-13902620

On the return leg of my Saturday paddle we hear gunfire and notice someone shooting into the river ahead of us. So I blew the whistle as we got closer and they acknowledged us. Nice people, but plenty of strange habits in GA.

We experienced the same thing on the Withlacoochee in FLA. Never saw the shooter , just waited until it stopped.

I’ll often sound my whistle at regular intervals if I hear nearby gunshots. If anyone has a problem with me scaring away the wildlife… well, that’s their problem not mine.

Common sense should dictate that someone with a firearm should be watching out for people, even (especially) where they don’t expect them to be. But we all know that common sense just plain ain’t.

Just cause you hear it don’t mean it’s hunting.

Most of the gunshots I hear couldn’t possibly be hunting! Round after round! If they didn’t hit it the first time, it would be long gone! I’ve enjoyed playing with firearms in my day. I just hope whoever it is shooting, they are sober and responsible!
A hunter orange booney hat that my wife refers to as “that thing” doesn’t hurt either!