Want To Relocate?

It Is
It is going nuts around here. I’ve been waiting over three months to get power on my property.

Actually, he has five
large developments slated for the County. As far as the water goes…you still have to recharge the aquifer, it’s not a bottomless pit. Water allocation for this type of development has to be approved through ADWR.

I’ve been trying to find maps of the proposed development plans to see if it takes in my place. The Grand Canyon will never be the same. Mother Nature is in tears already saying, “We just can’t have anything nice.”

This has all the makings…
of a new Bentley Little novel!

Holmes

Maps of the Plans
I think the maps are on the County website (co.mohave.az.us)under Planning and Zoning. If you can’t find them, let me know and I’ll round them up for you. It is kind of hard to watch it take off around here. People everywhere…more and more trash in our favorite hiking spots…

When was the last time…
…you were to the ocean.

There are miles and miles of estuaries and coast line from Nova Scotia to Florida where you can paddle all day long and never see another house.

Just about all of them are protected from development and will be there for future generations to enjoy.

In my own state of NC I won’t be able to paddle all the pristene wilderness coastal areas in my lifetime.

I can’t speak for the west coast, since it has been ten years since I was there, but you should give the east coast a try.

cheers,

JackL

Been East
I’m well aware that there’s a handful of places along the east coast where you can paddle without seeing a house. That can’t compare with paddling the Sea of Cortez along the east coast of Baja. I’ve been spoiled I admit. America has some beautiful coastline. Unfortunately there’s too little undeveloped land for all the people to share.

I was in Boston for a wedding in the late 90s. We tried to visit the ocean. What a joke. We drove around for an hour until we found a spot where the general public could access the ocean. It turned my stomach.

Delusions of wilderness in a major city
I grew up in Boston, lived there 30 years. It’s a CITY, so if you expect wilderness conditions there you are deluded.

Yet within a couple of hours’ drive there are plenty of accessible beaches. I can think of some that are actually rural.

You know not of what you speak.

Same here.
No oceans in Boston? That’s right. I did the same thing: I went looking for big horn sheeps in Phoenix! Boy, was I disappointed. Finally found them in the zoo!!! “Turns my stomach” is the exact feeling.

Maps
I’ve seen those. Really diffcult to make out much on computer monitor size. :sunglasses: My place is out off exit 66 where Petro is, north side. I haven’t seen what I could make out any plans for there but I understand a trust representing an unknown developer is buying up everything around me. I also have a friend with property out in Dolan on 93 by Pierce Ferry Rd. A developer is buying out there too. They will fix the docks and probably open up the South Rim more but then it will be packed with people like Chevy Chase and his family on Summer Vacation. And we complained about snow birds.

Power
Forget grid, go solar and the IRS will help pay for it.

*don’t forget to hug a tree today

Water
Absolutely, nothing is a bottomless pit. My point was we are not just bunch people trying to suck another lifetime out of an already abused Colorado River. Last I saw Mead was down 70 feet. Take the water surface and do the math OUCH!

I thought you liked the wilderness.
I visualized you living in a little clay adobe, heating it by burning sheep dung, using oil lamps fed by snake oil and having a grizzlie as your pet.

When they get those gazillion homes built do you think you will find your way out to the wilderness, or are you going to join the herd?

Cheers,

JackL

Join the crowd
I tried to buy up the other 40 acre tracks ajoining mine but couldn’t make a deal with everyone. The one I own now is too close to the highway not to be sucked up in the wave of “progress.” It would be nice to take some of the money from the sale of it and buy something much deeper in and bigger that will stay remote for at least awhile longer. I am a tree hugger but I love cooking so I do like my gas stove, music, computer, jacuzzi, a great view and a great movie. That takes power. I look at it as camping in grand style. I like roughing it too but not for everyday life.