Water slide vs real rapids.

Do you think going down a water slide is sort of like kayaking and rafting? They both involve fast water, one is manmade the other is natural. I like the slides that are built into the ground and it feels like a white water rapid like at the new braunfels Schlitterbahn and action park which is now mountain creek in New Jersey.

“Here, hold my beer and watch this…”

In a word, no.

Gamer 202 where have you been? Used that funny thing on the paddle yet? Been to any of the white water parks in Ok lately?

Not “sort of like”…not even a little bit.

Sure they are similar, for the same reason that anyone who can ride an escalator can do pretty well climbing Mount McKinley.

Gamer202 has to be a troll - don’t bother responding and he or she will get bored and leave. No one is this clueless about paddling.

He’s a repeat.

Yes, there are people who are that clueless…
A lot of them rent canoes, and then cluelessly try to paddle downstream. They spend most of their day paddling sideways, backwards, high centering on rocks, capsizing, retreiving their belongings, paddling into & under strainers. Memorial Day weekend, or the weekend of July the 4th are “clueless clown show” days. They create traffic jams at every turn in the river. They often have boom boxes blasting on volume 10, and. 95% of the music you’d rather not hear.
There is nothing quite as clueless as a drunk &/or stoned redneck, with Snoop Dog, or 50 Cents, blasting on their boom box.

Those weekends are good days to avoid the rivers, and the dorks.
BOB

Hmm, Bob, that’s 50 cent, not 50 cents. Sheesh!

I dunno Bob, I think seeing that group of gals smoking out and listening to Snoop might make the whole trip!

Yanoer: Rap is crap to me. How a rapper’s alias is spelled is no consequence to me.

Al: 2 of the bathing beauties (without pfds) managed to jam their rental boat under that strainer(still under the strainer in the photo). Approaching a canoe jammed under a strainer from upstream is NOT a good idea.
One wrong move & 1 or 2 could have ended up underwater, jammed against the canoe. A couple of pnetters helped retrieve the canoe in question.

Have seen that group on the river previously. In that case they were wearing all cotton clothing, had no rain gear (on a cold/rainy day), and most of them were suffering from first stage hypothermia. Saved again by rescuers who called the outfitter to get assistance in getting them off the river.
Clowns!

BOB

@thebob.com said:
Yes, there are people who are that clueless…
A lot of them rent canoes, and then cluelessly try to paddle downstream. They spend most of their day paddling sideways, backwards, high centering on rocks, capsizing, retreiving their belongings, paddling into & under strainers. Memorial Day weekend, or the weekend of July the 4th are “clueless clown show” days. They create traffic jams at every turn in the river. They often have boom boxes blasting on volume 10, and. 95% of the music you’d rather not hear.
There is nothing quite as clueless as a drunk &/or stoned redneck, with Snoop Dog, or 50 Cents, blasting on their boom box.

Those weekends are good days to avoid the rivers, and the dorks.
BOB

Mennonites?

The Bobbettes : )

Yanoer: Are you not taking your medication again?

:slight_smile:
BOB

I only take it when I think I need to and I don’t think I need to.