Waterproof binoculars-recommendations?

My sister wants lightweight, waterproof binoculars for Christmas for her kayaking trips. Can I buy a decent pair for around $100? Suggestions on brands and sizes?

A monocular works better on the water
You can use it with one hand, so you can keep one hand on the paddle. Brunton makes a nice 6x armored, waterproof monocular. Higher power than that is basically useless in a rocking boat.

What he said
Yup, what Brian said. The Brunton MONOCULAR-ETERNA 6X30, can be found for about $110.00 online. Several of us have them and love them.

Thanks for info.
Thanks for info. Found the Brunton MONOCULAR-ETERNA 6X30 online for $69 plus $5 shipping. I’m sure she will love them! Happy Holidays!

Thanks for info.
Thanks for info. Found the Brunton MONOCULAR-ETERNA 6X30 online for $69 plus $5 shipping. I’m sure she will love them! Happy Holidays!

$69! New? Lowest I can find is $110
Can you tell us where – now that you’ve placed your order.

ebay
and if you “buy it now” free shipping…

Shastapaddler

– Last Updated: Dec-01-06 12:27 AM EST –

Type in "binoculars" in the search, Advice, Subject, All, and you will see about fifteen threads with answers to your question. They are all good and worth reading. Check 'em out.

Brunton Eterna 6x30 Monocular $69+
Brunton Eterna 6x30 Monocular costs $69 plus $5 shipping (& maybe tax?) available at amazon.com.

In addition, if you apply for the amazon.com credit card you can take another $30 off that price.

Perhaps it’s new supplier who is trying to establish a name for themselves??

That’s a screaming deal!
Congrats! I hope she enjoys it.

Consider SeaBowld
I bought a pair of SeaBowld 8X30 BWIF waterproof binoculars at a local Boaters World store. They are small, inexpensive, and terrific. All of my friends who have looked through them say “Whoa!” Very good optics.