Waterproof Wallet?

phones
Verizon wireless sent some stuff out in the mail to government employees today. I called the representative to see if indeed there were better deals from Verizon than what is on their web site.

He said he’d never actually tested a GZone phone in water but he had seen several in water and believed they had come through fine. The casio web site - is a hoot to watch actually.

Anyway I’m going to find one of those bobber things to hold my phone up in case it falls into the drink. Supposedly it makes for a good underwater camera as well but I have my Optio.

I’d like a waterproof wallet myself, one I can slip in and out of my good leather handbags depending on what I’m doing. I do not like leaving my debit cards under the seat or buried in the mess in my van. Too dangerous, paddling in city or up on Pine Lake.

I’ve seen waterproof bags and wallets on EBay but they have not drawn me to them as an answer.

Can be - - -
If the vehicle isn’t a newer one, and you hide items well - - No problem

Actually, If it’s really old and scuzzy looking thing (like a '94 sunbird with a couple dings and some rust), you leave the windows down, leave the McDonalds bag on the floor, slap some duct tape over part of the radio so it looks like it’s holding it in place, Leave the keys in the ignition - - - - and nobody bothers it.

I rarely ever take the keys out of the cars any more. Locking a car doesn’t do much any more.

Dry Bag with Spare Clothes
is where I keep mine AND my vehicle keys. One less thing to have shifting about the 'yak or to worry about.

Shellac

– Last Updated: Apr-07-07 9:19 AM EST –

A few coats of shellac on your credit cards and Buxton, and you should be good to go. Following my own advice, here's my wallet, post-shellac, and you can hardly tell it's now completely waterproof.
http://tinyurl.com/ypqnmj

And stylin', too, I might add. Lacquer is this year's black.

Simply stunning
I love your color choice. The light beige would really go with any canoe.

Buy a Jimi
Check out the Jimi wallet, saw it advertised in In-Fisherman recently…

http://www.thejimi.com/

Actually, myst, it matches my leotards.

Try a drink cooler.
Forgot to mention this when I trashed on ziplock bags. I usually use a cooler, the kind that holds liquid with a dispenser to drink from and a threaded top. They’re designed to hold liquid IN, so holding it out is a guarantee. As long as your wallet, phone and whatever you want to take fits inside and you screw on the lid, you’re fine.

'Even got dumped last summer and it came loose from under my stern bungie straps. The beauty is it’s mostly full of air, and the insulation also provides bouyancy, so there’s no way the thing could sink (just don’t use as a floatation device ;-). Since I had to go after my floating valuables in the river current, I now use a bungee cord with a carabeener clip to be sure it stays with the boat.

You can pick these up at any grocery store or dept. store for under $5.