watertribe.org

See you at the starting line,

Marshall (WT: SeaDawg)

The River Connection, Inc.

Hyde Park, NY

www.the-river-connection.com

hudsonriverpaddler.org

Guess not.
If you want to paddle along, virtually, hudsonriverpaddler.org as of Friday 7:30am

See you on the water,

Marshall

Hyde Park, NY

hudsonriverpaddler.org

If they had a class…
that was strictly for kayaks without sails, and eliminated half the BS that is mandatory to keep with you, I would be there in a heartbeat.

Jack L

Class II Ultra Marathon Mode
Just enter Class II. UM mode allows some trimming of gear. As to the rest of it, it’s all got its uses obviously but it’s also an equalizer so everyone has to plan with the same considerations.

As to that sail in Class I, it’s a whole lot of fun! At lest when the wind is blowing from a useful direction.

See you on the water,

Marshall

Hyde Park, NY

hudsonriverpaddler.org

Following
Have been following the WT all day today. Read the report of the six foot waves that swamped Meade Gougeon’s beautiful boat. Glad he made it back to Cedar Island and will now paddle the NCC instead.

Thanks for your Spot link. Am hoping the drone coverage works.

A lot of asphalt
Yep, plate tectonics hasn’t moved NC any closer to NY. It’s still all of 12 hours barring traffic/construction.

See you at the starting line.

Marshall

Hyde Park, NY

Hudsonriverpaddler.org

Interesting race so far

– Last Updated: Sep-26-14 3:01 PM EST –

Two windsurfers in the lead.

SeaDawg Log
http://hudsonriverpaddler.org/2014/09/17/watertribe-ncc100-ultra-marathon/

See you on the water,

Marshall

Hyde Park, NY

hudsonriverpaddler.org

Hard work
Followed you and the other challengers, switching between your Spot, the WT tracker, and the WT forums.

A tough course made all the more tougher by waves and wind. From a distance it initially looks exciting and fun. But when the reports come in of six-foot waves, capsizes, strong headwinds, and exhaustion, the fun factor stops. I started getting concerned - and I don’t even know any of the challengers.

Props to you and thanks for the nice write-up and photos. Looking at the official results, you were in good company with your decision to put safety first.

BTW, you sure have a great looking forward stroke!

Stretching
Hi Rookie,

Thanks.

While Ultra endurance sports distances and efforts are difficult to wrap your head around (I’m just now understanding and contemplating the 300+ mile multi-day affairs) as in many things pushing your limits forces you to learn more about every aspect of yourself, equipment, conditions, strategies, etc. The best result is you come out stronger and wiser on numerous fronts.

Give it a try. Start at a distance that you’d consider “really long”, make friends, take each challenge the day presents as new and novel, adapt, overcome, persevere and accomplish. I can guarantee you’ll never look at water (or the world around you) the same way.

Have fun and if you’re in Hyde Park, NY stop by the Showroom to say Hi and play with the hounds.

See you on the water,

Marshall

Hyde Park, NY 12538

hudsonriverpaddler.org

Good counsel
On extended distances. Thanks for the encouragement. While shorter daylight hours don’t allow time to get on Lake Michigan midweek, I guess I can always do laps around my home lake after work (if it would just stop raining). Not as interesting as the big water, but paddling is paddling.

Would love to see your shop and even schedule a lesson. Will be in Purchase, NY early May 2015 and will try to extend the trip by a day.

EC 2015? That’s really admirable.