Website problems?

That or a page that only loads the forum skin and not the content, so essentially blank. It’s pretty much constant for me.

This problem has been annoying TF out of me, so I just did some trouble shooting and might have solved it. For now it seems to be working okay. I will let you know if that changes.

What I did, in case this can help anyone else - and this should work in any browser, though the way to do it will be specific to your browser. In Safari, I went to the Safari tab, and selected “settings for this website.” I did not have “enable content blockers for this site” selected, but went ahead and selected it and then tried to browse. Problem remained. Then I de-selected it, and the problem is gone. At least for now.

So check if you are blocking content on this website. You need to do it from the forums.paddling.com url because that setting is very specific to the primary url you have loaded. Any forum page will work, though. If you are not blocking content, try toggling that setting as I did.

EDIT: @VSAdmin this appears to have fixed the problem. Yay! For those of you having the same issues, check your content blockers.

1 Like

Thanks for the followup, glad you got it sorted out.

Jeff

Well, I am using a desktop computer and Mozilla Firefox and it is not sorted out for me. I get the same error message all the time.

Chrome on 2 Android phones and two computers no problem. iPad no issues either.

1 Like

Looks to be a one-off issue can you try clearing cache, another browser, or other devices?

Also, turn off any pop-up blockers or browser extensions.

Jeff

1 Like

when I browse a forum or doing a web search, I like to open whatever I wish to view in another tab.
This way i don’t have to back track to the original starting point. Also I can then keep certain things of interest up and make comparisons.
I’m mentioning this as it seems some are saying it happens when going back to a previous page.

1 Like

My problem was that your site showed me the above error for a second, before proceeding to re-load without error. I use chrome and cleared the cache (didn’t clear cookies). and that actually helped.

For the noob user it also can be a problem to clear too much cache (like cookies, logins etc.) and then one has to re-do all that. So there should be a solution that doesn’t require to clear too much. fortunately chrome lets me select what to clear, but one has to know to not clear too much.

I also have the same problem on my android phone and will clear cache there.

But I still think this is a problem with your site since all the 100+ sites (inc. forums) I visit all the time didn’t require cache clearing.

The community runs on Discourse and they can also have brief outages from time to time.

Next time you have any issues grab the following so we can dig deeper:

• screenshot with timestamp
  • link to where it happened
  • software and device info
  • geolocation and IP
  • any browser ad ons that you might be using (try turning them or any cache clearing scripts off also before reporting)

Jeff

This site definitely does not work with any kind of content blockers (pop up or ad). This is a relatively new development. I was having this problem for a little over a week before I posted this thread out of extreme frustration. Your browsers may work fine with other sites, but your settings are very likely the issue with this one.

1 Like

I am having this issue constantly. Chrome on an android device.

I have this problem with Firefox on Linux Mint. I am sympathetic with the web site developers, having to try to fit with so many different browsers. That said, I have no such problems with any other similar applications with this browser.

I’ve had the issue for months of my iPad. iOS is up to date. Using Safari. All other websites work fine.

I should note it isn’t new for me either. Started noticing it months ago and it’s part of why I haven’t been been around for a long time. Very annoying to have to tap try again 15 times for ever post

1 Like

I’ve given up & jumped to Chrome for a few websites that just don’t play well with Safari.

This site is nearly unusable for me now

Moto phone with Android and Chrome. No problems.

2 Likes