Weekend trip out of Columbus Ohio

Some buddies and I are thinking about making a mid-july trip out of Columbus and I was looking for an suggestions. We would like to stay on the River Saturday night. Possibly a campground Friday night. Anywhere within 4 hours of Columbus Ohio would be good. We are looking for a relaxed trip, so maybe 15-20 miles Saturday and 10-12 Sunday. Prefer no serious rapids. One or two maybe. We can portage if we need to, but hopefully not too long.

I used to live there. There’s camping at Delaware and Alum Creek, but for good paddling, you could just about throw a dart at the map. I spent a lot of time on O’Shaunessy Reservoir.

Sorry, looking specifically for a river trip and not day paddling on a reservoir.

Alegheny River, Pa.

Maybe try Mad River.

French Creek Water Trail in NW PA:

Also, the flatwater sections of the northern end of the Yough (Youghiogheny) Water Trail. The section from Dawson to West Newton is 20 miles and the last section, from West Newton to Mckeesport, where the river enters the Monongahela River, is 16 miles. Lovely little river – Mckeesport terminus is about 3 hours from Columbus.

A couple of photos from the Yough near the Mckeesport launch ramp. Most of it is just trees along the banks, but it does pass through some small towns and past marinas. The Water Trail maps for the PA rivers are invaluable – show all the launches and campgrounds, places to haul out for food, etc. plus information on the gauges and ratings for each stretch.

Thanks. These are great suggestions.