Well, that didn't go as planned

Nice story. Glad you and kayak are both ok. Expect the unexpected when paddling (or getting ready to paddle).

Recommend. A lot of folks along the Suwannee River have these in many different configurations.

Reminds me of my first whitewater trip with my brother-in-law. We arrived at the put in for the Montreal below Saxon Falls (border between Michigan and Wisconsin) and he pulled the canoe (a Grumman) off of the trailer, walked over the the head of the stairs going down & gave the canoe a toss. It landed just fine at the bottom. Another guy on the trip with an Explorer tried to lower his down holding a rope & the results were similar to yours except that his landed in the branches of a tree. Apparently, the year before my brother-in-law had tried roping it down and went for a ride.

Look up ā€œfunicular.ā€

Hmm, you could set up a water slide, complete with an upswept lip before the dramatic aerial launch. Assuming the bank is almost vertical and the water depth adequate. Strictly for used plastic whitewater kayaks, of course.

Need any more goofball ideas?

Perhaps, an attempt at unorthodox ā€œeskimo launchā€¦?ā€ :woozy_face:

Always live and learn. :slight_smile:

sing

Since we get a lot of snow here, I could install a rope tow and use it for downhill skiing in the winter, then multi-task it into a kayak trolley. Lots hull wax and plastic sheeting of course.

Arenā€™t you supposed to be in the boat for an eskimo launch?

Thatā€™s why ā€œunorthodox.ā€ But, think of the crazy stuff that Simone Biles were attempting. When she landed them consistently, itā€™s no longer unorthodox. :slight_smile: :+1:

sing

Seal launch

Of course the classic canoe winter seal launch failureā€¦

Winter seals:

Wish the sound of that kayak grinding over all those rocks had been played instead of the music.
Ouch!

Snow is gentler. But probably faster.

Steel balls, like slingshot ammo. :eyes:

Here check out the airborne approach. Bet the Hurricane Riders go through a number of kayaks.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure if we took a vote we want a repeat with videoā€¦

It sure would make for great comedy.

If Rookie tries all the recommendations and takes videos it would make a great episode for one of the weekend science shows for kids. Iā€™m curious whether the terminal velocity would be higher with a water slide or ball bearings.

Science show? Heck no! I want to win the $100,000 prize in Americaā€™s Funniest Videos!

Cheering you on!!! :+1: :clap: :crossed_fingers:

sing

1 Like

Do it smartly.

more stupid human tricks, you got to draw the line somewhere

1 Like

OMGā€¦ ā€œHold my beerā€ā€¦