Wenonah foot brace

I finally got around to going out to the workshop to install my Wenonah foot brace and lo and behold, when I separated the cross bar I only had two of the black rivets. I don’t know what dibbuk stole the other two, but I was wondering if I could use any other rivets just as well. I’d like to find some black ones if possible. All of mine seem to be bare aluminum.

Or is there something special about the Wenonah rivets. I am installing the foot brace in a Royalex boat.

Thanks.

Doc

Doc…
I’m not sure about using other rivets, however, I just received my Wenonah foot brace from BMO. They sent a total of 8 rivets. I know there are only a total of 4 holes to drill. Either they know how bad I am at building/fixing things or they just gave me extra for the heck of it. I could send you 2 if you need them.

Todd

Thanks Todd
The reason they sent you eight may be that four are for Royalex and four are for Kevlar. They should be two different sizes. I need the ones for Royalex that I think are the larger ones.

Doc

Hey Doc…
You can buy the size rivots you need at any hardware store/Lowes,etc. I just painted the heads of the silver ones with Rusteoum black paint,after a slight roughing with steel wool.Paint before install,and touch up break off pin afterwards. My hardware store even has the big head type,but again in silver. Call BMO,give them the size,and maybe they will mail them out{717-957-2413} BMO. After all you are a GOOD customer.

Happy Paddling billinpa

There you go…
That’s the great thing about owning canoes. You learn something all the time. Yep, 4 big ones and 4 smaller. Sorry to lead you on.

Todd

No problem Todd, Thanks Bill
I already have the “silver” rivets in my odds and ends box. Painting them black is what I had in mind.

Doc

Are they…
the same width as the black ones? I was in Lowe’s tonight and they had the right size but weren’t quite as wide. Does that make a difference? (Just for future needs)

Todd