Wenonah Kingfisher, Esquif Heron?

I posed the question on the Fishing board Friday morning and no hits. Two short reviews on the Kingfisher, none on the Heron. Here’s my dilemma. I have a couple of friends who I enjoy fishing with, but they are afraid of canoes. I, on the other hand, don’t care for boats, I love canoes. Buying anything besides a canoe is just not an option for me. So, I am looking for a canoe they would feel safe in. I also would occasionally want to use my trolling motor. Anyone paddle these two OR ANY OTHER tandem canoes that a BEGINNER would feel comfortable in? BTW, I don’t want sponsons, and don’t want polyethylene dur to the weight. Thanks. WW

Bell Alaskan
Hey Terry, I haven’t paddled the kingfisher or the heron that you are looking at. But I was going to suggest you try out the Bell Alaskan also when you test drive these boats. Big honker boat well suited to rivers, big capacity, very secure feeling even sitting dead in the water, and it paddles well.

Wondered About That One
Thought it might be similar to my old Revelation. Going to have to take a few days road trip when the time comes, so I can test paddle some boats. Thanks, Darryl. WW