Werner ikelos blade cracked?

I have a seals paddle bag. I just have clue how I damaged it.

What would be different about fixing a cracked paddle than a cracked boat? I’m serious–not trying to be snarky.

Aesthetics., Foam core and shape of blade and thickness. Also weight has to be the same. The way the blade is constructed I think like in a press unlike a boat in a mold and laid up in layers.

Received paddle today. They just put a new blade on the shaft you had. Some how they get the old one off. Shaft half’s both came back with same reflective tape. New blade is slightly blacker than other blade or shaft.

So you are looking at 25 days start to finish NY to WA. 6 days shipping each way.

Where they mounted the blade to the shaft looks a little different but I’m sure it’s no big deal.

Which is the repaired one? The left one?

Left one missing tape. Guess they show carbon fabric now to end of the blade mount. Good catch I didn’t notice.

Don’t have my newest paddle at the moment but it’s probably like the new blade they did.

@PaddleDog52 said:
Don’t have my newest paddle at moment but it’s probably like the new blade they did.

My Cyprus, which is two years old, shows only carbon.

My 3 year old Cyprus also shows only carbon, as does my wife’s 1 year old Cyprus.

My Ikelos could be from 2010 or earlier