Werner ikelos blade cracked?

No clue if I could have done it. Crack is only on one side. Sent pictures to get repair cost from Werner. Anyone see this before.

Contact Werner for an RA#. They’ll put it under the microscope.

See you on the water,
Marshall
The Connection, Inc.
9 W. Market St.
Hyde Park, NY
845-228-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile
Main: www.the-river-connection.com
Store: www.the-river-connection.us
Facebook: fb.me/theriverconnection

They should respond today. I have had it at least 4-5 years. Thanks.

I send it back today. USPS wanted 41.18 UPS was 92.xx. Easy decision who got it. Spoke to Werner I told them it was a couple of years old. They said 156.00 for new blade and to send both pieces back to make sure it’s aligned properly. Standard warranty is one year but they said they could possibly repair it under warranty. Told the guy my friend slammed his in the car door. He them gave me a partial list of what he’s heard like slammed in trunk, run over, and others. I guess just under 200 is better than another 400 plus. Probably gone for near 3 weeks with shipping and repair. Werner said 5 days on their end for repair from receiving it to shipping it…

@PaddleDog52 said:
I send it back today. USPS wanted 41.18 UPS was 92.xx. Easy decision who got it. Spoke to Werner I told them it was a couple of years old. They said 156.00 for new blade and to send both pieces back to make sure it’s aligned properly. Standard warranty is one year but they said they could possibly repair it under warranty. Told the guy my friend slammed his in the car door. He them gave me a partial list of what he’s heard like slammed in trunk, run over, and others. I guess just under 200 is better than another 400 plus. Probably gone for near 3 weeks with shipping and repair. Werner said 5 days on their end for repair from receiving it to shipping it…

Fwiw, I do quite a bit of personal shipping and have accounts with UPS, USPS and FedEx. When USPS is not the lowest cost option due to size or weight then usually it will be FedEx Ground (not Express). UPS has been consistently the most expensive for ground shipping when I shop around.

Thanks for tip. I had a Corvette torque tube shipped from GM for my race car next day. Ok big heavy for 900 bucks I accepted the price. They shipped it to my house not the shop. So it meant I had to work on it at night to leave on time. They still charged me the 900 plus. Even though it was their error. Ok places close but I was not at the house i was waiting at the shop. What a rip.

Wife made cookies to ship at Christmas UPS to a friend NY to AZ they charged 49 bucks. She told her friend no more cookies. LOL

Guy in post office gave me price then said try UPS few blocks away. Well took it back to PO and the guy had a problem bring back the same rate he told me first time. What ever he did it took 5 attempts to get rate back. Nuts!

@tvcrider said:

@PaddleDog52 said:

Fwiw, I do quite a bit of personal shipping and have accounts with UPS, USPS and FedEx. When USPS is not the lowest cost option due to size or weight then usually it will be FedEx Ground (not Express). UPS has been consistently the most expensive for ground shipping when I shop around.

FedEx was 20.53 thanks for the tip.

@PaddleDog52 said:
FedEx was 20.53 thanks for the tip.

You are very welcome.

Arrived today hopefully I hear something this week.

Wow. Same thing here. Not sure how it cracked! What bothers me most is that I spent $499 (bent shaft) and SOMEHOW the back of the blade cracked–I can’t imagine it was from mis-use!! Maybe this happened when I left it in my hot car in the sun!!!

Strange that it’s also an Ikelos (purchased in April).

Good Luck!

(https://d3s3k13islrvw7.cloudfront.net/original/2X/8/879363c4fd800b61a96f1006c9467bcb971c9537.jpeg “”)

Should hear real soon. I am paddling right by you all sand no abuse. Clueless how I could have did it but possible.

@Jerry@FreeportKayakRentals.com said:
Wow. Same thing here. Not sure how it cracked! What bothers me most is that I spent $499 (bent shaft) and SOMEHOW the back of the blade cracked–I can’t imagine it was from mis-use!! Maybe this happened when I left it in my hot car in the sun!!!

Strange that it’s also an Ikelos (purchased in April).

Good Luck!

(https://d3s3k13islrvw7.cloudfront.net/original/2X/8/879363c4fd800b61a96f1006c9467bcb971c9537.jpeg “”)

Did the front crack or show any signs?

Cookies NY - AZ try a medium flat rate Priority box about 9"X11"x6" = big enough for lots of cookies around $14.

Yes thanks. Don’t think she wants to bake them anymore anyway LOL

Werner called today 156 plus shipping. Will ship next Thursday. Happy they offer the service. No clue how I broke it but I guess I did some how. Only way I can see if it went between slots of wood on floater or timber tech on patio and was kicked.or twisted.

Am guessing you’ll get a brand new paddle. I had an issue with the spring and ferrule button on my Cyprus; sent it in for review and Werner shipped me a new one. Good company to work with and glad your issue’s been resolved.

Almost looks like new but I think I will be able to tell if it’s new. You may be right probably cost the little less than 156 to make new half. I would think it’s hard to remove blade. Probably paying for half of a new paddle and they make a few bucks. Better tan 400 for new one.

I got the invoice today

Cost me 42.xx to ship it USPS
Repair 156.00
Return shipping 29.xx

So whole deal was 228+
Shipped out today. I
So 70 bucks on shipping for.less than 5 lb.

Still less than buying a brand new one (and you might receive a new one). When I got my replacement Cyprus from Werner, ordered a paddle bag from Marshall and that’s how my paddle travels. Even if only walking down the bluff here to paddle at home. It can hold two Euro paddles, but as my other paddle is a GP I have to jury rig it to the bag so I can carry both.