OK, I’ll be the first to say that this could be due to my paddling,… And I only have a rec. yak, 19" width,… I like to put some power into my strokes coming home but wish I didn’t get so much dripping off the paddle. The water hits my legs and eventually finds its way onto my seat, despite drip rings. This doesn’t happen if I paddle at a more leisurely rate. I’m wondering if-
- Its normal to get wet and deal with such drips
- I need a longer paddle (Branches hybrid, not wood)
- My technique stinks (did watch some video, am not that far off)
- I need neoprene shorts (spray skirt would be silly)
- I should just move up to a light touring model yak if I want more speed.
- Something else you’re about to respond with?
Thanks for any advice.