Whale/Henderson chimp pump parts

I’m in the process of re-conditioning an older kayak with a through the deck Whale/Henderson Compac 50 chimp bilge pump. The deck plate is broken. I have found a few places on the web that list the deck plate replacement kit as “in stock” and have ordered it, but two vendors have cancelled my order saying the product has been discontinued and is unavailable (so much for keeping websites up to date).

Short of fabricating my own deck plate, I thought I’d give a shout here to see if anyone has a used/broken pump sitting around and/or knows of a good source for used boat parts.

I think the pump is still being manufactured because Valley lists the Compac 50 as an option in their 2007-2008 catalog. I’ve tried to contact the current manufacturer, Whale Water Systems, via email at their US address, but have not received a reply.

Any help/ideas would be appreciated.

~wetzool

Now three!
“but two vendors have cancelled my order saying the product has been discontinued”

Make that three now!

gro used to sell henderson pumps
http://www.grokayaks.com/About.html

Thanks
I’ll give them a shout. I think the pump is still made, but the replacement parts (other than the service kit) may be what’s been discontinued (e.g. deck plate, replacement handle).

~wetzool