What happened to C & K Magazine ?

Check out page 85
The Paddling Polynesia bit. The caption ID’s a OC-1 as a kayak. It seems to me that a Canoe and Kayak would know the difference.

You’re right
I took another look and it looks a bit like the caption was intended for a different photo.

add me
as an unhappy ex-subscriber to C & K magazine. It’s useless, a ripoff, has too many ads and focuses on s*** topics.

You want Advice, Suggestions, or
general help? General Help is bogged down in Iraq. I’m sure glad you put this very transitory issue on an archived forum.

This board is devoted to -
If you have a paddling question that needs answering then this is the place to post your message. Tap into the knowledge of the thousands of people that use Paddling.net each and every day. Post your questions, post your answers and have fun!

The question was specifically about a paddling product - C&K magazine.

If the management doesn’t have a problem with my question, what’s the problem?

Brent actually chimed in
on one of the several threads pertaining to the magazines we love to hate, so it seems to me we have his approval to discuss whether or not paddling magazines are serving paddler’s needs.

I’ve been re-reading several years of C&K and Paddler and am looking forward to the forthcoming improvements they are both talking about. My biggest peeve has been the extreme kayaking and the extreme travel features. I’d much prefer articles about gear I’ll actually use in places I’ll actually go and rapids most paddlers can actually run. This last issue of C&K with “cars” kinda went off track, too, I think. Not one of them is a decent shuttle vehicle which is what the article was supposedly about.