What is the best drysuit for the money?

Why wait till the water warms up?
Now is the perfect time to try it out and see if it works. When my wife and I got ours we went to the river and swam around for about 20 minutes to try them out, it was mid January.

Testing your new Bpod…
Totally agree with bmach1 - you should be taking it into the worst conditions you can (though safe) so that when you actually take it paddling that you are confident that it will perform the way you want it to. That said, I hate cold water too!

I also want to know if that “titanium” neck seal keeps water out – so if you do try it out, do some twisting while your head/shoulders are underwater to see if water would seep in while rolling… just a suggestion!

Thanks

Scott

Another
for Palm I’ve had mine for 3 years. Great suit and I’ve only paddled in it once. But it’s had many long hours in the water putting in and taking out docks. It has put up with some rough jobs and is handling it well.

Shawn

Is it this year’s model?
With or without a relief zipper separate from the entry zipper?

Ah, could someone bid on the eBay link

– Last Updated: Jan-31-07 1:49 PM EST –

in my prior post, please. I bid on it as a favor to hold it for you all, and it only has 1.5 days left on the auction. I don't need two drysuits in two weeks. Thanks.

P.S. Hurry!

bummer twice…
…once because you could have another drysuit!!

…twice because I am a LARGE…

I will send a note to my paddling buds about it…

Scott

The bpod I described above
does have the relief zip, and the link should take you to the www.paddleshack.com web site. Happy hunting for a drysuit, I don’t think there is a better deal available. Happy paddling!

Oh for heaven’s sakes.

– Last Updated: Feb-01-07 2:33 PM EST –

Someone bid on the Kokatat on eBay, will ya.

I'd appreciate it. I told you, I don't want another $500 drysuit... I just bought one three weeks ago. I bid on the suit so that I could hold it for all you Pnetters. It has booties and a pee zipper, size medium.

Please bid now. Thanks/.

Looks like you’ll have a spare…

Neck seal
Hi Scott,

That smooth skin neoprene neck works better than I thought a non-latex neck would. Comfy is the other biggie with the non-latex design.

There’s some B-Pods on eBay! somewhere I think. Worth looking up.

See you on the water,

Marshall

www.the-river-connection.com

Tempted
It’s too big, but maybe within a bearable range. I’ll check Kokatat’s sizing tonight.

Semi-Dry?
Does the BPod neo neck keep all the water out or only some of it like the Kokatat Super Nova? That one leaked like a sieve when I twisted underwater with my 16 inch neck. Brrrrrrrrr

Scott

eBay Drysuit Being Bid
I just dropped a bid or two on it and was countered immediately - someone (I presume other than cooldoctor) is trying to get this one.

Wow! you could star in a Vonage Ad
" People do stupid things like bid on expensive items they do not want."

Yoohoo hoo hoo hoo

Looks like doc has a spare now… :slight_smile:

'Scuse me?
Literally half price for a goretex drysuit in apparently reasonable shape, especially one with these extra features, is a good deal. As indicated before, Kokatat is particularly good at keeping these suits going for a long time even if you weren’t the original purchaser. If I didn’t already have a goretex drysuit suit I’d be bidding this one up to more than that, as a backup suit it is worth a bit less than that to me.

If you regard kayaking as a dry sport, this probably seems like a good bit of money. But if you are doing a lot of big water work where a swim is likely, or working on a lot of rolling, or want to add in some spring WW - there ain’t nothing like a drysuit.

Pbay?
…As in Paddling.net-Ebay?

Hey Doc, I’ll open the bidding at $50. Bwah-hah-hah-hah (my evil online laugh). Seriously, I would have jumped, but I’m kinda holding out for a B-pod.

Jim

LMAO
CoolDoc, looks like you got a second suit. Good deal if it fits, but why bid on something that expensive if you do want it? Just do not drill any holes in it or we will send you to the blackboard and make you write “I will not stick my dick into the pickle slicer” 50 times.

If it was my size, I would make you an offer. If it fits you, keep it and sell the other.

If it fits

– Last Updated: Feb-02-07 12:50 PM EST –

you may be much happier with that suit then a bpod. A lot more rugged and Kokatat stands behind their products, especially the goretex. Make Cooldoc a legit offer. I have traded with him in the past. he really is a good guy.

Unproud owner of a second suit!

– Last Updated: Feb-02-07 1:52 PM EST –

Thanks all. Welp, the auction is over. Celia did not get her bid in in time. I own a second Kok Gore-tex drysuit. Hey, but this time with no tears, a pee zip and booties!

I wonder if I wear two drysuits, one over the other as suggested by my MI paddling pal Joe in his condolence email, that I can stay, like, wicked dry. I think I'd be able to swim in Greenland for about three hours in that double Kok. My only fear would be that the double neck latex would pop my head off like a dandillion.

Yes, I did plenty of research and the Koks are the best suits, and the Gore-tex is hard to beat. Agree with TSC, the construction is superb.

I now have a lifetime supply of the best drysuits, as long as the moths don't eat the one hanging in my closet.

By the way, this is the last time I bid on something in an effort to "hold" it for you Pnetters.