What is the best drysuit for the money?

Appreciate the advice…
I own a drytop and the one thing I can’t tollerate for extended periods is the latex neck tourniquet…I mean gasket. I think Medicineman said it best: “The best drysuit is the one you’ll wear.” The only time I’ll wear the drytop is when I want to go roll in frigid waters. I can’t even load up the truck wearing it or bad juju reflexes kick in. And yes, I’ve cut the neck gasket down to the point that I think it’ll be a “splash” top if I go any further. I guess I’m a wuss since so many others seem to bet by with latex. Oh well, for me I think it’s b-pod or back to the wetsuit.

I use Semi dry tops with dry bibs
and stay almost as dry as I do in a full suit. I can swim for 15 minutes and be pretty dry. I picked up a Palm bib with booties and a relief zip at Sierra Trading post, but the tunnel is too short to effectively mate with a dry top. (I tested it in a swim last week) so I am returning it. Too bad cause it is a nice fabric, well constructed and the fabric itself is dry and very comfy. Palm’s customer service was excellent too. I will consider adding booties and a zip to my Kokatat Nylon bibs.

Wha??
I swear I was on there this morning, correct link, and as I put in a bid $5 higher it rejected it because someone else had a higher one. I upped it another five bucks, and that came back rejected as someone had one $5 higher than that. I figured it was a last minute bidding war so I ducked out.

Maybe I don’t understand how eBay works - but plz email me when you get the suit. If it really is an extra for you, we can maybe still find a home for it here and leave you whole.

Celia-- I am kidding you.
I bid on it, and I won it because it was such a screaming deal. It is a custom color and it has all the bells and whistles… so would be $950 otherwise MSRP.

I can live with two. If someone is a size medium (see kokatat.com and wants to buy it from me, that’s cool too.

There was a Palm Classic drysuit
at Sierra Trading Post in Reno in Medium for $260 plus tax. I would be happy to snag it for someone if they could not get one online.

Celia, you made Cooldoctor pay even
more for it.

Oh - but like $10
Good deal, but better if my niece didn’t need some textbook money for college right now tho’, and since my main suit lacks any holes…

My email was open right then. I do take things a bit too literally…

Hey, I never thought of it that way, TSC
Celia, if you weren’t bidding with the inention to win, then why did you highjack my auction? Frankly, I won it at the absolute highest price I had bid; had you bid another $5, you would have bought it.

This makes me think of collusion in it’s most ugly form. Clearly you know the seller, and had this worked out. Fess up now.

Celia, for all the advice you have given me over the years, I forgive you. :slight_smile:

Honestly, I thnik this is a drysuit I can live with, with the red color and the footies.

I may sell my other Kokatat GME drysuit at a discount even from what I paid, it is brand new with tags, and the tiny pinch cut can be sealed with Aquaseal or a dime size spot of epoxy. Anyone want a deal, email me.

OS System
Does anyone use a drysuit from OS Systems,I know they have a two year warrenty on there websit. How ever when you order it takes 4-6 weeks for delivery. No one has mentioned this suit. Pricing is not to bad

Jun uses one
picked up on ebay. The neck gasket was replaced by OS for a fee, but they rewelded tape in the suit free. Not a bad suit.

Thanks for the absolution
Like I said above, I was kinda interested but not sure how much monetarily. The (worn) suit I have now of the same size has shortened arms and legs, something that would have required a send back to Kokata for alreations and more cost over the over the purchase. At some point I just have to make a decision about what I want to do for suit number 2, really haven’t yet.

But heck, next time you are kidding and I post that I’ll take a look at it, send me some email. It’ll save you like $10.

Diving
Used an OS drysuit for years diving. It was well made, durable and never had a problem with it. Finally just wore out, and didn’t replace it. Basically don’t dive enough in cold water/under ice anymore to spend the bucks.

dry bibs
If anyone has a pair of dry bibs with booties and a relief zipper they want to get rid of please let me know. I am 6 ft and 195

Paul