What items have you purchased that you're really happy with

@kfbrady said:
I’m still on my first Tilley that I bought in Toronto in the mid 80’s.

Be wary of washing machines.

I’m on my second Tilley. The sun ate the crown instead of me.

Forgot one item: Pentax Optio WG-1 “armored” digital camera., immersibly waterproof down to 1 atm (10 meters). Now made by Ricoh, but I bought an older used one from Ebay two years ago and it’s been great. I’ve dropped it on concrete (it bounces) and into the drink multiple times – completely carefree camera on the water, You could probably use it as a hockey puck and it wouldn’t care. I clip the attached webbing and 'biner to the deck rigging or my PFD and never give it a second thought even though I usually use a GP and it gets doused all day. The ugly knobby shell is easy to hold and the controls are simple, even wearing gloves. It’s impervious to cold and has digital anti-shake, so it’s great for paddling in any conditions – takes really good shots.

Eats batteries though, especially when shooting video, but I got several extras and they are tiny and easy to carry with me.

Oh, and one more thing…I have come to really like my quick dry short sleeve fishing shirt (the kind with the vented back) and convertible quick dry pants (I think they are made by Bass Pro Shorts brand but any would work as well). Both are lightweight and dry quickly. More comfortable than a bathing suit. The shirt minimizes my use of sun screen and because its short sleeve, doesn’t really trap much water when I roll (I’ve paddled with long sleeve sun garments that scoop up water in the sleeves). And although I always thought the zip off legs were a bit gimmicky, or at least something I’d never really use, I did use them quite a bit on a recent trip out west when I wanted, for example, to walk along the beach without getting my clothes wet in the surf.

Seals cockpit cover. I consider it a must for each boat. MEC low Moque boots, I’m also a big fan of the Cyprus and the new Scorpio HV after spending a season in it.

Kokatat Tributary Hydration System- won’t paddle without

Werner Ikelos CF paddle- worth the cost

Snapdragon EXP ocean tour skirt- hands down best skirt I have owned

Astral Blue Jacket PFD- brand new 1st season hit

Beloved certified per owned Impex Currituck

Was just thinking yesterday about the dollar-to-pleasure ratio regarding my Dagger Alchemy. I picked up a like-new demo/rental Alchemy several years back for half price. I have gotten my money’s worth of fun from that thing several times over. It’s not perfect. It takes on too much water in the rear compartment but since I know it there are no surprises.

My NRS flotation tubes have given me peace of mind. My Perception Sonoma 10 stays afloat when capsized. I stuck them into the stern, inflated them, and forgotten about them. Good quality.