what kind of canoes in Deliverance??

I know the alluminum one was a Grunman. 17’ maybe?? What was the wooden one?? Looked kinda like an Old Town Otca.

Do you hear it?
The faint sound of banjo music…

Squeeling pigs!!!
Sueyyyyyyy

HEX

My dad told me about a
bumper sticker he saw at RMA- “paddle faster, I ear banjo music”

LOL

Today
I saw a lady wearing a shirt that said that…

Hmmmmmmmmmm
I wonder if she…

…or maybe.

oh yes…

…saw the movie?

Goofs for Deliverance
Continuity: When the men fall into the river, nobody is clinging to their paddle as instructed to. After the three survivors find the intact canoe, they still have three paddles. And the canoe is suddenly only half-filled with water.

Continuity: Lewis’ position in the canoe on the river while he’s lying between Ed and Bobby (Lewis has a fractured femur). One long shot only shows the two paddlers while closer shots show Lewis’ head in plain view, both while Lewis was on his back and propped up behind Bobby.

Revealing mistakes: Obvious tinting/filtering of the whole cliff climbing scene to make the scene appear to occur at night.

Continuity: In the first rapids sequence the Drew’s hat disappears and reappears between shots.

Crew or equipment visible: While they’re dredging the river for the canoe/bodies, you can see the mic pack visible under Aintry Sheriff Bullard’s shirt.

Continuity: The rope used to down the body from the cliff is thicker than that Ed wore before over one shoulder and across the chest.

Revealing mistakes: When the men bury the first body, the “dead” man’s chest briefly rises and falls like he’s breathing. Later, when Ed pushes the second body into the river, the “dead” man’s fingers can be seen adjusting their grip on the rock, and his arms move slightly too.

Revealing mistakes: If you look carefully at the canoe, a second before it “splits” in half, you will note that it was already nearly sawn in half.

Continuity: During the drive to the river near the start of the film, the reflections of the trees etc. can be seen in the windscreen - but this should have been blocked by the canoes on the roof (and indeed they are in the long shots of the same journey)

Continuity: After the men make it down the river and are taken care of by the locals, Ed and Bobby are given green plaid shirts with white crests on the pockets. Later these crests disappear.

Continuity: When Ed climbs to the top of the cliff to hunt the shooter, you can clearly hear the rapids below. However, when Ed is awakened the next morning, the rapids are silent.

Factual errors: The boy’s banjo is an open-back model used in old-time music, and we see him playing without picks in the style known as claw-hammer, or drop-thumb. However, the famous “Dueling Banjos” tune we hear during the scene is clearly played on a resonator banjo using finger-picks, in the more modern three-finger bluegrass style.

Crew or equipment visible: During the Aintree dinner scene, when the lady is telling the story of the huge cucumber, lights and other equipment can be seen in the reflection of the lady’s eyeglasses.

Picky, picky.

I wonder how long or short the list is
of what they did right.

You missed several.
Now you have to watch the DVD again. Oh well.

He got them
from imbd

What’s IMBD?

So were they
a grunman 17 and an otca??

Internet Movie DataBase
http://www.imdb.com

Yes & Maybe
Yes, it was Grumman. The movie made that canoe so popular Grumman sold 33,000 boats that year!

And maybe it was the Otca. It looks like it, but the seat placement is different from what’s show in the Old Town catalog of the day. However, Hollywood has been know to modify objects for artistic reasons e.g. pre-cut the boat.

I did find an interesting review of the film. Here’s a couple excerpts:

“Deliverance” is a film that contains unforgettable scenes and shows you how NOT to have a mid-life crisis. It works both as an action flick and a morality play - it’s the ultimate SUV fantasy gone horribly wrong.

“The film is not without its blemishes - the phony Southern accents for one. And you have to buy into stereotypes, for another. It’s clearer in the book, but you are supposed to believe that all people who live in Appalachia are gap-toothed inbred retards who are malevolent, sadistic and immediately hostile to outsiders. Also, the depiction of homosexuality as perversion seems almost quaint in an era when people routinely elect openly gay officials and Ellen plays for laughs on mainstream TV.

In one regard, the movie is about irresponsibility and succumbing to the siren song of adventure. Aside from Lewis, the characters have never been in a canoe before, much less experienced whitewater rapids. These irresponsible reckless fools are warned by the locals that the river is dangerous, but they persist. They go where they are beyond all help - try explaining that to their children.

The stars did most of their own whitewater canoeing and rock-climbing. No insurance company would cover the ultra-hazardous production.”

Interesting observation that being raped & sodomized at gunpoint is somehow not a perversion.

not necessary to watch DVD

– Last Updated: Aug-18-07 7:33 AM EST –

IMDB is a great film and television recourse.

I was just kidding, folks.
I had assumed that he hadn’t noticed all of those things just from watching the movie once or twice.

Man,remind me never to have you review
my favorite movie…lol

Well ,dang it…

– Last Updated: Aug-19-07 8:28 AM EST –

OF COURSE "all people who live in Appalachia are gap-toothed inbred retards who are malevolent, sadistic and immediately hostile to outsiders."!!!

Don't means we ain'ts decent gawd-fear'n folks what luvs our mamas and goes tu church on Sundays!

Oh wait..it IS Sunday isn't it?...My Bad.

( I Also have the "hear banjo music" T-shirt...It starts getting evil looks about the time I get to Covington, VA heading into West VA)

banjos are great…
Yeah…banjo music…I play the banjo…though I certainly can’t say that I’d prefer the college boys over the college chicks :slight_smile: ne ne neer neer neeer neeer neer ner ner…we got us here a city boy…