What kind of goop to use on your boat

Personal Experience
Most people who have any problems with the aerospace protectant haven’t read, or followed the directions - especially if they are having any kind of tackiness associated with it.

After less than stellar results on my first use, I called the company directly - they suggested two things. First, clean the surface - with something that will strip any cheap waxes or silicone stuff like armour all - Rinse WELL. Second apply a very light amount of the 303 with a clean towel then remove it asap - completely - change towels and hand buff till it is slick as glass.

The chemical in it apparently works at the molecular level, so you don’t have to leave any visible or tangible material. I tried it this way … and wow … it really is amazing what it can do = at least for gelcoat fibreglass, polycarbonates, plexiglass, etc…

Their website says you can buff it with a car buffer too … haven’t really tried that part yet, and you supposedly only have to do it twice a year.

Remember, buff, buff, buff - nothing sticks to the surface if it is applied right… .give it another try. If it doesn’t work, call the company yourself … nice folks.

Whether there is or isn’t…
I’m not 303’ing a darned kayak. Sheesh. If it lived outdoors 100% (or even most of the time), I’d consider doing it.

Some people wax their bicycles, too.

diferent strokes…
Once I didn’t have 303, so I used turtle wax on my roto-molded kayak. it was fast and it filled in all those crazy scapes.

Now my new kevlar canoe has only got 303 on the outside. I applied liberally, then buffed and buffed until I was tired. a while later I reapplied lightly to ensure complete coverage. Buffing until that mirror shine made me have to change my shorts.

For less than $10 what is the harm in trying? You can always shoot it on your tires, dash, vinal whatever else you have.

Personally I like it

Liveoutside

If 20 min. in the sun can toast a bald
head, imagine what it does to a cartopped boat. We 303 and buff well. Seems to work.

Watershed sells their drybags with a packet of 303 attached and instructions to apply it to the seal several times a season. They’ve tried other stuff.

Magic Eraser is a great idea, but thankfully we don’t usually get a scum ring.

all things boat related
We apply 303 to all things boat related, dry bags, pfds, deck cords, painters, hatches and seals etc. After doing a test at another paddle shop wich consisted of spraying 1/2 of a new vest with 303 and not the other half we left the vest on the shop roof for 1 season, the difference was amazing! The 303 treated side had no apparent sun damage, the untreated side had very severe fade… I’m a believer g…kim

got me thinking
first off I like that roof test, I am all about good examples, trial and error, and experimentation.

Now I started to wonder about this goo issue. My canoe is stored outside. it is new, and i don’t have a “good” place for it. (the family disagrees that it is a living room fixture) I stated before that I was overly zelus at the start of the season in appling the 303. Now weeks outside upside down I checked it. it has only been on the water a few times. The grass has been mowed around it. I have dug holes near it, stiring up dirt. All the usual outside kind of stuff. nothing on it. Barely dust sticking to it.

So there is my 4 cents.

Liveoutside