What Muscles Do You Use Kayaking?

C’mon you guys
the biggest muscle used is the “buttox” as Forest Gump would say.

Now you sound like a spoilt child
Boo Hoo !!!

Nasty people queried my statement !!

dream it, do it.
whatever the mantra is…

you go first :wink:

Yikes! This isn’t B&B!
I had to double check to see if I posted my question on the B&B site! Georgia Kayaker, your post was a nice respite from all of the “discussion” taking place, too funny:)

When I said I did 4 miles my first time out, I didn’t think it was a lot, just enough to maybe feel “something” on a first voyage.

That trip was a pretty much all paddling, no stopping. When I paddle, most times, there is so much to see in the water that I stop often to take pics and enjoy looking at sea anemonies, starfish, crabs, etc. When I’m in deeper water looking at things above the water like, eagles, osprey, herons, I go faster. On a sunny day, I may stop to face the sun and hang out awhile, listen to the water, seals, nature.

I usually see a few seals on my kayak trips, but on my recent trip (yesterday), I was in a small bay w/about 8 seals. I stayed there and the seals came closer. One came under my kayak and twirled, then came behind me to touch his head on the back of my kayak. It was an amazing day!!! Hubby took a pic of the seal while he was passing under my kayak and one swimming w/it’s head above water. It was fantastic.

-Capri

Sounds like a great day on the water
It isn’t about the distance unless you’re into the exercise which many time I am although I enjoy the scenery and paddle quietly.

Paddling is fun and should be whatever each decides they want from the sport. I’m envious of your story and I’ll trade 12 geese, 11 ducks, 10 heron, 9 turtles, 8 trout, 7 beaver, 6 otters, 5 hawks, 4 owls, 3 frogs, 2 strainers and a deer for one seal. That’s a seal not a SEAL.

georgia kayaker
I really wish I could have you all along w/me for one of my trips. I’m sure other kayakers have their own sea life or wildlife that makes their trips extra special.

I do feel very blessed being a hiker and now in addition, a kayaker in a state that has so much to offer.

Having the seal hang out around my kayak reminded me of a great kayak trip I planned on the Elkhorn Slough in Monterey, CA. There were seals w/babies on shore and an otter that stayed right next to my kayak through the trip, going under the water to grab seafood, then coming back up next to me, w/a rock on his tummy to break the shell open with, also a memorable trip.

-Capri