What pushes you most to new limits

Now Now
Go back and look at mine.

would love to try a surfski downwind
on lake michigan. That would be a gas to see how fast i could get one moving. After I figured out how to keep one upright!!

Other than that. Surf Kayaking on windy days will always be a battle against the elements I enjoy.

Unfortunately
I hear the freshwater lobster fishery doesn’t have many boats these days. :wink:

You’re right about tugs though. But watch those submerged hawsers. They’ll do a number on a small boat. Plus you might get an earful if you mess around too close to a working tug.

I don’t “play” around tugs, ever.
Just going in and out or crossing the port here gets me pretty close sometimes (to tugs, tankers, container ships, cruise ships, yachts, cigarette boats, large fishing boats, etc…), but not in their way or on intercept courses they could misread. There’s plenty of room off to the sides for kayaks and such. Enough room to to hang out and play in really, but the other traffic would not understand wake or rolling play. Any hard maneuvering or capsizes (no matter how brief) would almost surely trigger emergency calls there. Just not the place for it. Back side of jetty there is better, and only freaks out fishermen and sunbathers who don’t have VHF handy…

washing machine action!
I love being out in that stuff

been there
done that with the sucked out of boat action.

Caught inside on some big stuff, and next thing I knew, over the falls and out!..

Not fun.

Also had the one where i held onto everything and almost had both shoulders dislocated.

yuck…

Sure!
Sorry for the late reply, but you may certainly quote me. Thanks! :slight_smile:

My impending death.
Old enough to see the end of the tunnel. 20 years happens in an eye blink. Watching parents pass last two years has illuminated the inevitable. Whatever I have postponed, it is time to play that game or resign myself that I will never get to do that. Have not been resigning much.