What you want in a Magazine

Although this post, by its nature,

– Last Updated: Jan-30-07 6:49 PM EST –

is the epitome of subjectivity, I would welcome:

Many more reviews (of boats and accessories) than are included in current periodicals. I welcome and value these.

Trip reports of more mundane locations in the US rather than sea kayaking adventures in Polynesia. Although these trip reports can be obtained from local paddling councils, they might be more objective being reported upon by a national publication with broader exposure to many areas.

I would also like to see improved written expression. Much of the writing styles in current publications I consider to be amateurish. Although I feel it is acceptable for articles to be content-oriented, they should also be somewhat stylistic. Canoeswithduckheads would be the ideal editor-in-chief.

truthfully - no magazine
Not to sound negative but I don’t want any magazine.

I’ve let all mine lapse, paddling-related & otherwise. There’s so much good info to be found online, saved via links, or in my electronic folders. Online ads can be deleted in many printer formats, too.

If an online article (like cockpit outfitting) has a lot of step by step detail then I’ll print it.

Just got my issue

– Last Updated: Jan-30-07 6:57 PM EST –

of Canoe and Kayak magazine, what a piece of junk! Lot's of advertising, reviews on cheap plastic rec kayaks and mostly boring articles. Guess I'll not renew my subscription next year.

I like Seakayaker magazine and enjoy reading the articles and trips even though I'll never do any of those incredible expeditions. But at least they are entertaining. One can learn from the articles beginners and advanced. It's about the best commercial kayaking magazine out there.

Would be nice if there was a magazine as serious about canoeing. Include trips, product and canoe reviews. Isn't that what CANOE AND KAYAK magazine should do?

Pamlico_140 wants FISH…