Whats your favorite canoe?

Swift Raven solo

104" GP by LumpyPaddles and it spins
the Vag like a top when needed. Pole with it, push & pry with it, paddle with it. Tough stick. Can even SUP and swim with it - great fun. Only challenge is storing it in the boat and car :-), but love it. R

Millbrook ME
Followed closely by Lotus Caper.

Ditto on the Caper
though it has it’s limitations, it’s just so unique and beautiful it’s hard not to include it in the favorites list. Too big to paddle it effectively anymore but can’t bring myself to part with it.

Different choices
on different occasions, of course.

If I were forced to choose and with consideration of the kind of paddling I do most, it would be the Blackhawk Starship with gear or Ariel without. I’ll be the first to admit its a choice influenced as much by many happy memories and aesthetics (style reminds me of an old Cris Craft) as actual paddling - though they sure aren’t dogs to paddle either. Love that long glide. I’m just plain comfortable in them.

Hellman Slocan
I’ve had as many as 11 at once, and am now down to 3. The Slocan would be the last standing if I had to get rid of the others. I have one that is a bit bigger/rougher, and weighs 25 lbs more, and one that is a bit smaller that weights 25lbs less. All are similar in design.

Wildfire
My Heron blue Wildfire. It is such a delight to paddle. I am having withdrawals from not paddling

lately. I can’t believe the winter we have had in south Alabama. If it is not raining, it has already rained so much the creeks are flooded.

Is the OP P140?

Hellman…Interesting…
I’ve resisted posting to this thread because the idea of “favorite canoe” seems impossible to define. Ideal for what? For solo? For lakes? For rivers? For everything???

Of my three, the Prospector is my favorite river canoe. My Malecite is my favorite for flat water. I suspect that there are better boats for both, but I haven’t found such on the local used market - and haven’t had a lot of opportunity for test-paddling other models anyway. I could live with just the Penobscot, but wouldn’t be ecstatic about it.

But I’ve been thinking for a while, based on the specs and what I know from the boats I’ve had - that if I were to be limited to only one tandem canoe, either the Hellman Slocan or their Prospector might do the trick. (Too bad there are none near me to try.)

But then, what about a solo?..

And my favorite canoe to look at BTW is the Merrimack Baboosic. Not that it means anything.

When you think about it, aren’t our favorite boats really just the ones we choose not to sell? that means right now I have three favorites (and wishing for at least one more).

Millbrook Defiant
others

MR ME

Bluehole Sunburst