Where can I rent seakayaks at Windemere Lake, UK

All the outfitters at Windermere Lake, UK, I’ve contacted so far only rent sit-on-tops. Does anyone know a nearby outfitter there who has proper seakayaks for rent?

You would probably have a better shot at getting an answer if you post on the UK-based songofthepaddle.com. I’ve gotten great information on there in the past . Very active participants. They have a forum section for Cumbria: Cumbria - Song of the Paddle Forum

I did a Google Maps search on the lake and “kayak rentals” and found a half dozen listed including this one:

Not sure how familiar you are with hiring kayaks in UK. I have not been in a “proper” seakayak there for several years but last time I hired a kayak I was asked to show BCU certification, which I do not have. I showed the shop owner a video of me kayak surfing on my phone and threw off three rolls, forward and back deck, and I was allowed to rent the boat. My understanding is that most outfitters have moved to SOTs because of reduced liability, and offer tours in SINKS with their instructors and guides. A long time ago I rented a row boat on Windemere, and my wife (who hates boats) and my two sons really enjoyed our afternoon.

The outfitter listed below has this on their info page
“Canoeing and dingy Sailing available to those with appropriate qualifications/experience (certificates will need to be presented and booking essential).”

Got it! Will stop trying to buck the tide (ha ha) and will find alternatives to sit insiders. Your solution for Windermere sounds great. I appreciate your comment and suggestion.

Thanks for the suggestion, Willowleaf. I’ll try that website. However, the problem I’m having is not finding potential outfitters, but finding one that rents proper seakayaks. All the outfitters near Windermere Lake I’ve contacted to date only rent sit-on-tops.