Where is the Wilderness Systems at?

For what it’s worth… a buddy of mine manages a retail store that specializes in outdoor stuff. He tells me that touring kayaks don’t sell now; just fishing kayaks… so that’s what he carries.

Where are you located, Craig?

No 145s in stock at the moment but there are some built and shipping to our retail business in the Chicago area within the next couple of weeks. If there’s no other dealer close to you, feel free to DM me for deets.

1 Like

Check FB Marketplace, Craigslist, or paddling.com classifieds. They are regularly for sale used in most general areas of the US.

edited

I had no idea all those were rolled up now.
I guess I’m behind the times. Perception/Dagger I knew… but man!

I’m not sure this is good news for us, the consumers.

Yes, where are you located and how far are you willing to go? A shop not far from me had one months ago and I would not be surprised if they still had it. Mainly SOT and fishing boats sell here. Central AR

REI actually has the Tsunami 145 listed right now.

I’m just outside the Philly area, about halfway between Philly and Lancaster.

I just saw that thanks, I’d prefer to exhaust my options first with the little outfitters, you know shop local, shop small before I fall back to the big box stores.

I’d also shop used. I see Tsunamis come up on CL and FBMP very frequently. You’ll save a lot and thus be able to afford a better paddle!

1 Like

I totally understand (and agree). You sounded like you had already exhausted all other resources, so I thought I should throw it out there. Happy hunting!

Current listings (maybe a bit too far for you):

Beautiful Yellow Wilderness Systems Tsunami 145 Kayak+paddle &… (craigslist.org)

Tsunami 165 Kayak - boats - by owner - marine sale (craigslist.org)

I know nothing about these listings or the sellers involved.

Also, in this thread:

Kayak recommendations…beginner boat that I wont grow out of right away - Advice - Paddling.com

@jamorgan3777 mentioned that there were Tsunami 145s available at Canoecopia this last weekend. Perhaps he could let us know who had them and you can check with those dealers/persons.

Ah, I know where one was for sale in Colorado though I haven’t looked in a couple of weeks.

I thought I had too, but the outfitter I deal with normally looked around for me and hunted a local place down that did sales, that I was unaware of. So I’m trying to reach out to them.

thanks to everyone who helped out with suggestions.

My son’s boat is in and will be picking up next Tuesday 7/5/2022!

Unfortunately the boy broke his ankle so no boat for him until sometime in august.

It will help him get better. When I got my first carbon fiber paddle my back was a wreck and I couldn’t paddle but I could admire and fondle the paddle.

1 Like

Picked his boat up but the bolixed the rudder set up, so Back it goes to have new cables installed.

Dang. That sucks.

they’re fixing it free of charge Sunday.

1 Like