Where to find used canoes in Midwest

Howdy,

I’m going on a road trip. My car likes the shade of a canoe.

In Minnesota and Wisconsin, where are most used canoes posted for sale?

Thanks

used boats.
Rutabaga in Madison sometimes has used boats listed.

I would check the classifieds here and craigslist for Chicago, Minneapolis, Milwaukee, etc.

Piragis outfitters in Ely sells off their rental boats in the fall. Often they are in excellent shape and really nice boats. You could check their web site. People often buy them in advance and then pick them up at the end of the season.

Thanks
Thanks. Of course the P.Net classifieds were the first place I looked. I knew of craigslist, too, though it is less popular here than the buy and sell.

Thanks for the tips about Rutabaga and Piragis.

Any other web-sites that are commonly used?

I’m not looking for anything in particular, but can’t pass up a good deal on a quality boat.

Ketter Canoe

– Last Updated: Aug-27-09 10:35 AM EST –

I thought Ketter Canoe, which is saddly closing down, had sold off all their boats by now, but it looks like they haven't so you better check this out: http://www.kettercanoeing.com/apps/joomla/content/view/94/66/

You might also give Wenonah a call at 507 454-5430. They are usually very helpful. I don't know if they would have used boats for sale, but they might have demos or blems, and they might be able to suggest regional dealers who might have used inventory.

Some more thoughts
The largest seller of used canoes in Minnesota is Spring Creek Outfitters in Mountain Iron about 65 miles north of Duluth on US53. Google them for a website address and current inventory. As a bonus you can trial paddle anything they have.

If your road trip will be in late September or early October, many of the BWCA/Quetico outfitters in Ely and Grand Marais will put used rental boats up for sale then. These are mostly kevlar lake tripper tandems. Just depends what you are looking for.

Come by my house…
If you want one of the three solo canoes that I have for sale.

used canoes
Craigslist. It’s about the only place to find them anymore.

Bill H.