Where to get those mayo packs???

Somewhere further down in these pages, someone mentioned using those little foil packs of mayo. Can anyone tell me where to buy them??! And ketchup and mustard, too—but that’s of lesser importance. We hardly ever eat out, especially at places that give 'em to you, such as McDonald’s. I really do want to just be able to go out and buy some, or even order some. They are so handy for kayak camping, and for lunches when we’re out on day trips. It really bugs me that I can’t find any for sale!

mayo packets
Try the yellow pages under restaurant supplies,and also reposting on the advice,suggestions,and general help board here on p-net.

Thanks, off-the-map!
Will do.

mayo packets
sometimes grocery stores that sell sandwiches will sell individual mayo packets.

Mayo packets will only keep for about a year, so I wouldn’t advise getting a whole box as they normally come in boxes of 500 or 1000.

Wholesale Clubs
Not sure what you have in your area, but I bought the boxes of ketchup, mustard and relish at BJ’s Wholesale Club in the Boston area. I am sure Costco, Sam’s Club etc would sell them as well.

What I did…
I went to a Wal Mart deli and tried to buy some and they told me they could not sell them individually… no price code. So I bought a couple of hotdogs… $2 and they told me I could take what I needed. Worked out well for me. Got about 30 packets of mayo, and 20 relish for $2. We used them for tuna for our lunches this summer in the BWCA. Worked great!!

Bruce

What I did…
I went to a Wal Mart deli and tried to buy some and they told me they could not sell them individually… no price code. So I bought a couple of hotdogs… $2 and they told me I could take what I needed. Worked out well for me. Got about 30 packets of mayo, and 20 relish for $2. We used them for tuna for our lunches this summer in the BWCA. Worked great!!

Bruce

Packets
I’m fortunate that I can get mustard, ketchup, and mayo from the cafeteria here at work. I have a couple of those Mayo packets in my desk for when I feel like adding some mayo to my sandwich and don’t feel like walking to the cafe.

You should be able to easily get ketchup and mustard from fast food places.

Jay

Thanks for the ideas, guys—
They’ve given me something to think about. I especialy liked the one about buying a hot dog and then getting a handful of the packets.

Yep, I use them especially in tuna packets. Chop up a little celery, bell pepper, onion—whatever—and take it in a baggie. At the lunch stop, I just mix up a tuna salad (or chicken or ham or salmon) right in the packet. Ranch lite dressing is available in individual packs, at a price. I make do with that, if necessary. But I still prefer mayo. Relish would be great, too.

HappyCamper

Costco has them
I’ve also seen them in some grocery stores but usually during picnic season. Costco has them year round though.

Lisa

packets

– Last Updated: Nov-16-04 10:49 AM EST –

I GET THEM from corner mini marts, deli's, McD's... I just offer to buy them and most of the time they are given for free...

I use them to make a no-cook casserole out of a raman,can chicken, 2MAYO,1MUSTARD while paddling or hiking

break up the raman real fine and put in a freezer ziploc... add water and let sit 15 min... drain off excess water then add raman seasoning,mayos,mustard,and or relish, mix well by turning bag end over end, add favorite meat... can chicken,tuna,turkey,ham.... mix again and eat

if you feel bad about “swiping” them…
…go to a grocery store that has a “by the pound” salad bar or deli…then just fill a container with whatever packets you want & you will be reasonably charged (by weight). My grocery store gives you a mayo pack with every sub (except Italian).

Mayo
Try it at your own risk, but I’ve used mayo for up to a month without refrigeration while living on a sailboat. The trick is to flame the knife w/ alcohol and one dip only. Don’t breath over the opened jar.

All sorts single use items!!
Try www.minimus.biz they sell everything from soup to nuts in travel sizes.

Thanks Bobslip
Here you go, Tracy, here’s the link. I looked at it and there are some things in their Pharmacy I’m going to order. Take care. WW

http://www.minimus.biz/default.aspx

Everything MINI here
try this place they have mini everything

http://www.minimus.biz/

No refrigeration needed
Well I was taking to my sysco guy the other day, and he told me that the mayo no longer needs to be refrigerated, the put so many chemicals in to it. But I am not sure if it just there mayo or not.

Chef Dan