Which 1 should I get?

Post pictures :yum:

1 Like

I wonder what officials would say if one of those were to come in 1st place at a race. LOL.

Just have to be sure to slow down right before the line. :wink:

1 Like

I’m not going to suggest individual boats. There’s a number of good, reliable, fast boats on the market. You need to determine what you want the boat to do beside be fast. What I will comment on is my experience with Eddyline boats in a number of classes I’ve taught. What I’ve seen happen is during rescue/recovery situations I witnessed several Eddyline boats have their deck fittings pulled right out of the deck during recovery. Needless to say, that’s a very nasty thing to have happen. I won’t say it’s every Eddyline boat, but I’ve seen it happen too many times to be a complete fluke either. I know that Stellar, P&H, Tiderace, Rockpool etc. make boats that are fast, stable, and durable. Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

I’m curious, did you notice how the deck fittings were attached? Bolts with nuts, rivets, other? I’ve also seen molded boats where the deck fittings are essentially just recesses molded into the plastic - I could imagine those could tear right out.

Sea kayaks have two stable positions, right side up and upside down. Length helps with speed, a narrow beam is a dangerous and slippery slope in rough water.

I’m afraid I don’t really recall how they were attached; it was a while back. I just remember them popping out.

Both my 2nd Gen Raven and Carbonlight Nighthawk have through-bolted deck fittings. No issues on mine.

That would present challenges determining the proper paddle length.

Small bolts on eddyline journey I have. Small bolts small backup washers. Not the greatest setup for heavy use is my guess.

The Looksha II Race is 20x20. Much faster than the Looksha IV at 17.5x22.5. My Tahsis at 18x21.75 is also faster than the Looksha IV.