Which of the following kayaks

Wallet not thick

– Last Updated: Mar-14-10 10:56 AM EST –

And for the price of a Rockpool TCC you could get a composite North Shore. The Rockpool TCC is about $500 to $700 more then any other Carbonlite boat out there making the other plastic boats about 1K less then a number of the British composites. Curious why the Alaw is about 20%+ more then other plastic boats.

Leg position in Explorer LV
Because of the low deck, you can figure your legs will be pretty flat out in the LV version. I’m shorter than you and mine are. So part of the question may be what angle you find comfortable for long time periods between your hips, knees.

Watch out…
Apparently Valley has made a drastic change in the Aquanaut LV.

It’s now listed at 2250 pounds:

http://www.valleyseakayaks.com/content/boats/composite/aquanaut-lv

Perhaps the hull is made of depleated uranium?.. I certainly don’t want to try lugging that thing down to the shore…:slight_smile:

Explorer
I am the same size (5’8"/175) and I paddle a “normal” Explorer. My wife does too. This boat fits both of us well and gives us the option of “going long” on expeditions (i.e. more than a few days). Ideally, I would have a Romany for day playing and an Explorer for extended trips. If I can only have one - the Explorer wins every time.

OPer is in Norway NM

Rockpool TCC pricing
The Eddyline Fathom is similar in dimension and retails for $2699. The TCC has a slightly heavier hull material, same construction methods, but is a different company with additional costs including royalities to Rockpool UK. Rockpool TCC is $2995 retail. Both Great boats and now with Valley having the Avocet produced to their specs by Eddyline, it appears that the appeal of using modern materials, modern manufacturing and lower environmental impact to build high performance sea kayaks is upon us. Whats next? maybe Surf Kayaks…