Which size Kokatat Orbit Tour life vest

I’ve been researching life vests with an eye towards finding one that’s the most comfortable when paddling hard. The Kokatat Orbit Tour appears to fit the bill but now I’m torn when looking at sizing. I’M ~ 180LB, 6’1" with a 42"chest. The Kokatat sizing document specifies a s/m fitting 32" to 42" while the l/exl supposedly fits 42" to 52". So I’m right at the boundary between the two.I’d love to have some feedback from Orbit Tour wearers as to their thoughts on sizing.

Thanks for any informed replies,

Hugh

You need to try on both sizes to determine which fits best. In a perfect world, you’d be able to try it on while sitting in your boat, or a similar boat.

If you’re buying online, you could order in both sizes and return the one that doesn’t fit best (after making sure there’s a good return policy with no re-stocking fees).

Thanks for the thoughts. Sadly, they’re not available locally and it appears that only the larger size is currently available online so ordering both at least at the moment appears not to be an option.

Hugh

I think you’ll be fine with the XL. Most PFD can be adjusted easily. Most of us don’t get skinnier as we age.
I recommend the yellow. High visibility in low light.