why do i want a solo canoe.

Atta boy, Andy

– Last Updated: Mar-08-07 5:10 PM EST –

Go fer it. Ah'll put it on yer car fer ya. Yer don't need ta come out ta watch me either. Ah' knows wat yer car looks like - a blue Jeep Cherokee wit big racks. Ah'll tell yer wat - ah'll even drive it home fer ya... honest!

FE

(Oh, yer want it at your home?)

wow. tc thats way too general
one of my simple pleasures is looking out the window and visually caressing the lines of my wood s&g kayak.

solos
ok ill get the solo but i have to wait till xmas after i pay for the wedding of daughter #1… wow if your young and think you might have a daughter in the oven start a savings plan cause im tellin you .woooo …thats costly…the bob i also have a boat shed with the 2 yaks hangin above the fishin machine…and do have room to spare above her car… every one hav a good weekend…jack

Correct Response to Spousal Unit
Andy,

When asked why you need more than 1 boat or another boat, the correct response must appeal to female values. Try “I need a boat with colors that match my skin tone.” Or my favorite, when asked why, despite having five boats plus a rehab project, I need another boat is to ask how many pairs of shoes she has, and ask why she needed that n’th pair and if she’ll ever need another pair.

It’s not that great of an analogy, but the flumoxed response produced by me asking such a ridiculous question, one to which the answer is sooo obvious, usually derails the conversation.

Try it. Your mileage may vary.

~~Chip

old canoe and kayak magazines
they had plans for sale for two stripper canoes. one was a 14’ solo boat with red spray covers. i’m still lusting for that one or something similar. did any of you order those plans? are they available?

safety and junior
work well for me. The money sucking hole in the water called a sailboat gets around 3k a year spent on it. “these electronics, sails, anchor…(whatever) are to keep us safe honey” and “sailing and navigation are good learning tools for junior, especially with global warming, terrorism and all, which is why we NEED to keep the sailboat.” The rigid inflatable is “safe, honey, why I couldn’t flip it if we tried, and fishing and diving are such good skills for junior to learn, especially with terrorism and global warming.” Aarons sailboat is “teaching him good skills honey, especially since the earth will be covered by water due to global warming.” The first canoe was “good for father/son bonding.” The second one was for “safety honey, the first one gets filled with water in the rapids.” Then they turned into solo canoes so just now the upcoming purchase is justified “yes I am buying another canoe honey, it’s smaller so it won’t hurt my back, and it has airbags, toe pads, strap and saddle for safety already included.”

because you’re smart?
canoes are fun. you can’t have too many, unless the aluminum. lol. i’d go with the two solo option: one for you and one for the wife. make sure and get her a nice one and a carbon bent shaft. then you’ll be the man.

I hear you. Solo canoes are a work
of art. I would much rather canoe than kayak if for no other reason, the beauty of the machine.

Fortunatly, no “wife” problems.

oh…I have wife problems(Kramerfied)

– Last Updated: Mar-08-07 8:00 PM EST –

...but that will never stop me. Just takes a little longer.

I've been wanting a solo canoe for about a year now. I have a kayak also....but a solo canoe is a whole 'nother ballgame. Not even in the same ballpark.

I'll be sticking with the kayak this year, using the canoe I have now for Project Aware(river clean-ups)and then I'll cash in on the off-season sales this November and December.

Wife Problems
My wife should have left me years ago. Like someone else said, it’s difficult to hide a Kevlar Bell…

I’ve still got my Mad River Explorer, which I bought to sell…just can’t do it even though she’s only seen water twice.

LOVE my Bell Wildfire, Sawyer Summersong and Sawyer Autumn Mist. My Bell Morning Star will get a kneeling thwart from Canoecopia…aw shucks!

Canoes are beautiful, just like women. So many shapes and personalities…

Anybody ever hear the most common prayer sent up to God by married folks?

Here it is: “Please, God, just get her (him) to shut the f___ up!”

Maybe not funny to some :frowning:

BTW - When you’re sick, you find a whole new LOVE for family. God bless you guys…

Glenn

2 important points.
#1 :She builds works of art , right? Build your canoe.She will understand. Look at the Osprey. There are plans for S and G and strip built.

#2 :Expect equal spending on her stuff. I really didn’t know you could buy a sewing machine that cost $7500.I’m very glad I did not order the Kruger she said I could buy.

So I can buy it used
When I can lose this dratted job thing - happens no later than two years from now and I am hoping sooner - I want a couple of things and one of them is a nice manuverable, sweet solo canoe to learn to do all the things in that would never work in the old heavy war canoes that I paddled as a kid.

Here is a good solid argument
If you need convincing, check this photo.

Can’t do this in a Kayak!!!

http://www.pbase.com/sloopsailor/image/69040674/large.jpg

why solo? Why canoe?
The reason we should paddle soplo is so we know who to blame when we get wet.

The kayak verse canoe thing is more social. If your legs are unsightly; put a deck over them. If comely, let the world enjoy; paddle a canoe.

next time…
start the converstaion differently. Tell her how bad you want a bass boat with a 200 Mercury, then compromise with her and agree to just buy a little canoe!

it’s not WANT…
it’s NEEEED. Want doesn’t work in my household.