Why Must I Fall Back

Now I lay me down to sleep,
with hand-to-hand there’s made retreat,
and I see not reason nor a clockwise,
this taken aback hastening twilight skies,

but with morn I’ll rise in my six gone five,
squint through lowly light on once shadowed drive,
till home from work comes darkened depraving,
with hopeless gut feeling we’ve quit on daylight saving.

10 Likes

i-will-not-turn-my-clocks-back-i-will-then-be-living-one-hour-in-the-future-i-greet-you-people-of-th

3 Likes

DAYLIGHT SAVINGS HAIKU by Rex

Retire now my friend
We don’t need no steenkin’ clocks
Clocks are for losers

Fire the Retros, Roderick

An hour ahead?
Well man whatta blast!
But by the looks of those duds
I’d say you’re livin’ in the past.

Patton Oswald in a period piece?

Lost my steenkin’ clock
now I’m spinning time to time
badgeless mustached rhyme

1 Like

Living in yesterday’s tomorrow

1 Like

Ahh, back again to racing ahead. Well, Deja see what Deja view.

2 Likes

Oh no, no we won’t give in
Let’s go living in the past
(Jethro Tull)

1 Like

I don’t give a damn what the clock says. There is no way in hell I am going to wait another 60 minutes till happy hour.

2 Likes

You can’t drink all day if you don’t start in the morning? That what you’re saying?

Try not to hurry
It’s just not your worry
Leave it to those all caught up in time
You got to deep six your wrist watch
You got to try and understand
The time it seems to capture is just a movement of its hands

Walk in the sunshine
Watch for the bright sign
Be all the things you’re able to be
You got to listen to the heavens
You got to try and understand
The greatness of their movement is just as small as it is grand

Bob Weir

3 Likes

No time changes here in Arizona, life just goes on. :grinning:

I was so much older then, I’m younger than that now. ~ some guy named Bob

4 Likes

and the annual " we want Atlantic Time Zone" argument resurfaces. Some of us are not happy being ringed with hills and mountains with an official sunset of 3:57 but an unofficial arrival of twilight at just after lunch.

We also sometimes complain of a 3:57 AM sunrise in June too. Just can’t ever be happy.

I’m always amused when people complain about Daylight Savings Time when what they actually dislike is Standard Time. Even what’s showing in that article clip you posted has it wrong - “once Daylight Saving Time kicks in after Nov. 6.” Standard Time is what just kicked in. Of course often many of those same people will complain that Summer is hot and Winter is cold. I remember, almost fondly, back when I was on Facebook and those complaints were the worst thing about that social network. Those naive early days!

I don’t mind changing the clock. I love DST, and I love going back on ST. I’m glad the months we are on ST were shortened, though.

This is an interesting article.

1 Like

I am a morning person. I am fine/happy with having the sun up at 6 AM rather than 7 AM, especially since I usually wake between 4:30-5 AM.

The sun going down before 5 PM ain’t great. But, usually I have gotten my walk and/or bike ride in already. As long as I get some physical activity in, I can tolerate.

Having the SAD affliction, mid November into the Christmas is tough for me. All things being equal, daylight savings or not, I find that I perk up a bit after the Winter Solstice.

sing (who has learned to accept/cope with the annual seasonal nadir)

3 Likes

People coming to Maine in the summer from the Midwest are often in for a shock. They are in the same time zone as at home but our paddling events often start at 6 am and breakfast is at five am. In campgrounds the sleepy heads are roused by kids playing before six.
Last week sunrise was the latest it ever is DST ( at 7:30). We have time to get used to that late rise, but when I attended paddling events in Ohio ( some 700 miles west ,same time zone) I was always late as it was still twilight just before 7:30 in September.
The Eastern Time zone is awfully big.

There is a reason we get up and work at four am and are in bed at eight.

Now if my dog would stop asking for dinner at 4:30… Its supposed to be 5:30. And he wants out and breakfast at six am not seven

I’m with your dog. Don’t like the switch because it messes with the old internal clock.

2 Likes

My body is confused too… I fully awoke at 3 AM. My body said, “Hey, Bud, time to get up.”

sing

Clock change is the most idiotic and unnatural thing since politicians invented themselves

I propose that we correct the angle of our axis to make sunrise 6:00 AM and sunset 8:00 PM year round.