Why none of the old posters are not here

That was very good, Bob. Quite enjoyed it!

Why none of the old posters are not here…? well then for S&G I’ll assume they are here…Good quadruple negative reply Rex enjoyed it. Bob, through the years I’ve read many of your posts. enjoyed them, the above especially. I rarely post and have been here on and off since the
early 2000’s. so I’m not sure if I am considered an “old guy” I’ll be 61 this year…
I’ve had the pleasure of meeting and paddling with many of the “old guys” and It’s been a real blast. Had the honor of spending the evening with Dave Yost and his lovely wife by the campfire. brought a guitar an just chilled…talked paddling and life…simple…
Paddled McWoods Krugers in one helluva of a headwind @ Raystown another blast. So many great memories thanks to the “old guys” and new folks too.
I’m a hands on old school person I guess. I’d rather spend a weekend paddling and camping in realtime with some of you here then exchanging posts about it.
In 2004 I bought my first solo, a merlin II from Wind & Water butler PA. I’m in NJ, several of the"old guys" here offered to put me up for the weekend, I made the trip, got the merlin and made some lifelong paddling friends thanks to and the “old guys” and “P Net”… oh, that’s the
name the "old guys " used to call Paddling .com… one more thing…I still got the duckhead
Norb (NT) made for me 2005, It’s sitting in the living room, top of the entertainment center.
still consider meself a member and it sure has been entertaining…

Yanoer:

A Pongo would be a great boat for you.
It would probably be the “cat’s meow” paddling those Illinois cornfield irrigation ditches you love so much.

Forget checking Twitter; do something really exciting…
Load up your most expensive kayak, and 2 grand worth of high tech gear; then drive to one of your local ponds, and take a lot of “selfies”.
Post the photos on Facebook & give some of your fellow corn field ditch paddlers a cheap thrill.

BOB

P.S. Yanoer: You ain’t never gonna be"nothing, or have a following of syncophants, until you get yourself a pink boat!

P.S. String: I’m old, but I ain’t cranky. I was assured by my Mother at a very young age that what I really was, was an ornery joker.

My grandson told me I’m not old and I am cranky, sometimes.

Nice to see Kudzu back. Seems like he’s been hanging out with Fat Elmo. I’m worried about Fat Elmo…no one should ever sell a Wildfire or Peregrine. I day paddle with a dog and like to putz but don’t give a rat’s butt about freestyle. I pick up boats by their thwarts and ignore yokes even though it freaked out the Canadians at Swift demo days. I like short straight shaft paddles and sometimes pretend they are bent shafts and switch sides. Bob isn’t cranky, all Blackhawk enthusiasts are just like him. Yanoer is awesome but apparently has never seen Pat Moore’s video where he makes a boat dance and then shows that he’s freestyle paddling with a shovel…but it had a round blade so not as suitable for kayaking as 2 spades. I’m just hanging out hoping that one day I will fully understand canoeswithduckheads.

Just got back from paddlin and hope to see you all on the water some day. Saw an awesome snapper sunning himself or herself just underwater in the shallows yesterday.

Tom/formerly paddlinmachine/still whitewaterweenie

Well, I guess I’m one of those “Old posters” since I’ve been here since 2001? > @edr56 said:

Why none of the old posters are not here…? well then for S&G I’ll assume they are here…Good quadruple negative reply Rex enjoyed it. Bob, through the years I’ve read many of your posts. enjoyed them, the above especially. I rarely post and have been here on and off since the
early 2000’s. so I’m not sure if I am considered an “old guy” I’ll be 61 this year…
I’ve had the pleasure of meeting and paddling with many of the “old guys” and It’s been a real blast. Had the honor of spending the evening with Dave Yost and his lovely wife by the campfire. brought a guitar an just chilled…talked paddling and life…simple…
Paddled McWoods Krugers in one helluva of a headwind @ Raystown another blast. So many great memories thanks to the “old guys” and new folks too.
I’m a hands on old school person I guess. I’d rather spend a weekend paddling and camping in realtime with some of you here then exchanging posts about it.
In 2004 I bought my first solo, a merlin II from Wind & Water butler PA. I’m in NJ, several of the"old guys" here offered to put me up for the weekend, I made the trip, got the merlin and made some lifelong paddling friends thanks to and the “old guys” and “P Net”… oh, that’s the
name the "old guys " used to call Paddling .com… one more thing…I still got the duckhead
Norb (NT) made for me 2005, It’s sitting in the living room, top of the entertainment center.
still consider meself a member and it sure has been entertaining…

So good to hear old names like NT and McWood! I bought Norb’s MRC Explorer and have also been the benificiary of paddling and owning a few of Mick’s boats (couldn’t get him to part with the Starfire, though). One of these days I will have to do that Western PA Rendezvous.

Well, I guess I am an “Old Poster” too, since I’ve been here since 2001? I never tired of helping out a “Newbie” or answering the same question a jillion times. The only time it irritates me is when the op never returns to acknowledge your effort of answering. And as slow as I type, it IS some effort!

Not crazy about the newer format, it’s just not as user friendly for me. But then, I recently “Upgraded” from my “Smart” phone back to a waterproof, shockproof FLIP phone! I don’t like “New” technology unless it’s a little carbon in the paddle or a bent shaft in my hands.

The problem for me is because I have slow internet. The pictures, that I enjoy looking at, slow things down so much. So, where I used to check P.net daily, or more, I now check it out once or twice a week or less.

I sure do miss the days of Norb, Mick, “Dr. Shwartzwalt,” C.M., Jill, Barb, et al and the old “Virtual campfire” on the old P.net. But that’s what happens when you’re an “Old poster,” I guess?

@Rex said:
Hay. I ain’t not none of the old folks that don’t never not post here no more. I was Kudzu. I was bitten by a dog in a nuclear laboratory and became Rex.

I do miss the indented way that threads were displayed. Very easy to see who was talking to who. Or is that to whom?? To WHOM you wasn’t not talkin’ to.

Hey, that wasn’t not nice!

@string said:
Apparently Old Paddlers are CRANKY.

Someone said he got a crank shaft paddle. Does he pedal it? Or does he paddle by turning the shaft like a hand-cycle like the homemade Kinetics amphicyles have?

So many names I recognize, I too have been here since around 2000. I miss the great “campfire” discussions we all had, the laughs, knowledge and expertise so willingly shared. Raystown was a milestone for me, putting faces to names, getting to know so many on a personal level and am still in contact with and see occasionally many of the “old posters”. Duckhead stickers are on all my boats sans the surf ski. Still paddle yearly with some that I met through P.net. It’s been a great ride and it continues, although in a different way.

I miss Dr. Swartzwalt , John “Fear no Fish” and others who will never post again.
I also stay in touch with the paddlers I’ve met along the way.