Wicking Undies?

Wickers… Made in USA
Gave up on cotton, been wearing the same pair for 3 months now. www.wickers.com

Jim

Under Armour boxer briefs
Can’t beat them for outdoor activities or sports, especially hiking. Don’t ride up my crack. Made of a material that’s like thin spandex. Not as thick as their compression shorts. Cost about $20 a pair and you can buy them at any big sports chain like Dick’s.

Does My Ass Look Big In These?
Bill, kindly provide a picture so we can tell you if your ass looks big in your shorts:)

-Capri

hey!
wickers has flame retardent briefs!

ok there has to be a punch line here somewheres…

Paul

I dont really care if anyone agrees
I dont paddle to find a man.

I agree on the EMS Techwick
Very comfy and wear well (but you’ll want to wait for their buy 3 and get 30% off sale).

I also have some Marmot brand briefs and long unders that I got a while back and these work really well and have also worn well.

The other product I’ve tried are Terramar briefs from Campmor. Thes are OK, but a little heavier and not as comfortable as the others. They wear pretty well, but the fabric has pilled up.

I have a LS Duofold top which is warm and comfy, but I haven’t had it long enough to rate the durability.

I prefer all of these to cotton because I get wet when kayaking and the synthetics are more comfortable when wet.

~wetzool

$.01 = REI (non-Armour)

– Last Updated: Mar-07-09 6:47 PM EST –

REI's, when I purchased a number of shorts, didn't have the Armour non-odor....but that stuff that is used to treat material produces minor allergic reaction with me...glad some people stay as chemical-free as possible. ...the DEET I sometimes HAVE to use is enough...
...Compared to cotton, you bet....you'll NEVER go back to cotton when playing outside.
$.01

Coolmax

– Last Updated: Mar-08-09 11:10 AM EST –

Underwear. Wicks better than anything else I've found as the first layer. Not sure of the variety available beyond pants tho' - I don't find anything more binding than Tshirts or tank tops comfortable up top in a drysuit. (And I cannot imagine any fellow paddler being so distracted from paddling that they could give a darn whether a woman had a bra on under their drysuit, or how they'd tell.)

I've tried EMS Techwick - not the worst but not as good as CoolMax for me. Duofold not a winner at all, gets soggy fairly fast, as does anything with silk in it. Haven't checked out Underarmor. Hind has some synthetics that stand up quite well, though I'm not aware of any underwear in that line since I only have a couple of tops that I found at 75% off. I can't take their full price.

there’s a disclaimer
(it depends on your diet)

Ex Officio
Give and Go briefs or boxer briefs. You can get them from Backcountry.com or Campmore. They run $18/pair but are well worth it.

Ex Officio makes some
There are others. A bit expensive but if used only for trips they’ll last a long time. I brought two pair on a month-long trip because they dry more quickly than cotton undies.

But I don’t normally wear undies while paddling–with a drysuit I’m wearing long (wicking) undies and possibly a pair of bike shorts. In warm conditions, I just wear a wetsuit. If it’s super-hot I wear quick-dry shorts with built-in mesh liners. All of these just work better and are more comfortable than wearing underpants.

Hey Jimmyak
You have been wearing the same pair for 3 months?

Aren’t they getting a wee bit “funky” by now?

JK

Just the way I like em…
Keeps the tourist away.

Jim

well that’s stating the obvious

– Last Updated: Mar-11-09 4:52 PM EST –

Ease up. I was joking about your crack regarding the origins of the bra. I'd never presume to even imagine how you might find sexual partners.

BTW - my girlfriend disagrees with you about bra use. I'm sure she's been brainwashed by some man, but she tells me the individual can vary somewhat in that particular area.

I didn’t know bowling balls could walk
Lookit that pair making the rounds now!

For hot
days I like the quick dry shorts with liners too. But, after a few hours, or when they are a little damp, the mesh gets uncomfortable to sit on. So, I usually just take them off and store them under the deck bungee.

Then you paddle like a Scotsman?
Nothing under the spraykilt?

Not that anybody would know, if it’s a large spraykilt.

lol
Doesn’t take a very large spraykilt. And it’s truely comfortable. Surprised more haven’t caught on.