Wife for kayak

walk through them
or paddle, some voids aren’t meant to be filled.

wit for wat…

Thanks to those who offered helpful advice. To those who think this is a “fun” opportunity to display your wit at poor krousmon’s expense; “may your water become hard as a rock.”

You want us to move to Greenland?

I know what you mean about “the look” when you did Honey-do chores, etc. I got the same look from the wife when I mentioned going paddling.

If you do decide to look for human-female-companionship, at least play it smart and look for one who is already a die-hard paddler, or yet, Greenland-style-paddler! Then you will only get “the look” when you decide to skip the group paddles to stay home and watch tv.

Scott

Suggestion
I would suggest that a sit-on-top would be better for than a sit-inside.

Simply
one of the best threads I have read in a long time…lots of good humour here.

thanks for the smile
Enjoyed your post but it makes me wonder if there are any available who wouldn’t mind short and wide if most other aspects were to their liking.

Stability is all relative anyway unless you are one of my siblings and then it becomes questionable. I’ve held the same two jobs and lived in the same place for over a decade - some say that is a sign of stability.

As a kayak I think I am a Pungo dreaming of being a sleek sea kayak perhaps an Impex Serenity or an Eddlyline Nighthawk. I like rivers and lakes, camping on the beach, spontaneous adventures, mild rapids, and in the right circumstances a little speed. I don’t mind what others do as long as no one gets hurt or abused.

My perception is for someone to paddle with, camp with, laugh with, and honestly share life and conversation with without fear of being used or ridiculed when I’m not about.

What I enjoyed most about your post and some of the responses was the clever wordage and humor.

LOL!
Krousmon, you had me laughing so hard the tears are streaming.

Wife just for one kayak?
Ha ha if she’s anything like me - beware…she may just like it and take your 4 and allow “you” one !!! Just ask my husband!!

Short is actually OK
I was just trying to be witty. The kayak is for smaller paddlers after all.

Now, as far as width…

If you can fit in the Shadow, I think you’re just about right. If you have trouble getting into a 30" wide rec. boat, we’re gonna have a problem.

hmmm

– Last Updated: May-23-06 7:44 AM EST –

Are you willing to relocate? I am part of the "Q" cult though.
What a riot .

Hmm

– Last Updated: May-23-06 8:08 AM EST –

Wife for a Kayak, that’s not a good trade..

You make it
sound so simple . Just like a 1st time trip , it is . And then the REAL work comes and the skills .in order to be proficent , successful . Best of luck to ya . Rememeber that you are also being "demo-ed " . And if yer anything like me you’ve done some less than fully thought out things in paddling , but yer still here . Funny how sometimes it takes a very long time to "learn something " , -----------M

My boat is 29 inches wide
Thanks for the tip about the Shadow. I just looked it up and checked it out. It is going on my list of boats to demo if I get a chance.

The pungo cockpit is 22 inches wide, looks like the Shadow cockpit is close to 17 inches wide. Twenty two is very roomy whereas 17 might be snug.

hey, whats’ wrong with

– Last Updated: May-23-06 1:50 PM EST –

being a pungo!? ;-)

sure, it's nice to "fancy up" every so often, but that just gets to be too much work if it becomes an everyday standard.

as for the honeydo list, mine is more like a honey-help-me-do list. after all, where's the fun in doing something if you don't have a cohort with whom to laugh about the misadventure afterward?

Yup
Best move I ever did. Trading wife for a kayak that is! She feels the same way. I’m sure.

Git yer’self…

– Last Updated: May-24-06 11:59 AM EST –

a canoe, then ye can have a Harem (multi-naggin')

Fat Elmo

Sorry…
you missed your chance. I lived in New York for 10 years (Orange County in south.)

Try to be strong… while there’s only one krousmon… I’m sure you’ll find someone.

:slight_smile:

– Last Updated: May-26-06 7:36 PM EST –

Great post, krousmon! :-) I do like you, but I've already got two boats, and I'm scheming to add at least three more in the not too distant future, so a Perception Shadow doesn't seem to be on the short list at the moment.

Any man (paddling man!) who marries me is going to have to be willing to relocate to coastal Alaska when I finally get it together and make the move. He may also have to be willing to live aboard a "kayak mothership" sailboat, which is another of my intentions. Oh, and he'll have to agree to never use "bad", "gloomy", "miserable", and other such words to describe weather conditions, as I just won't stand for such silliness. Finally, he'll have to agree with me that "paddling season" is 365 days per year, except for leap years, when we get a bonus paddling day.

Yes, I know I'm picky, but these are my prenup terms. :-)

Melissa

PS: Prenup rider...

Garages are for boat building and boat storage only. Cars live outdoors (and must be close enough to saltwater to rust to the ground every five years or so). [Oh right...and a solid boat rack system can hold a rusting car together for a bit longer than five years.]

I DO!!!
Just send your address. I’ll be offline for a while, got a LOT of packing to do.

Eek! Well, to begin with, you can…
…send the boats here:

Melissa *****

P.O. Box ***

******* *****, WA, *****

Hmmm. I wonder if I’m getting cold feet. Perhaps I should just slip into my Chota Mukluks and go for a paddle. :slight_smile:

Melissa