WILDERNESS Shenai

I think I’ve found a good deal on a WILDERNESS Shenai pro, is there anyone with any experience with this boat. IE characteristics, speed, stabilty, weathercocking, construction.

A Little Better than nothing
I don’t have a lot to offer on this boat, but here’s what I have. A few years back, I too was looking at a really good deal on a Shenai. The owner was a triathelete and an avid kayaker. Racing was his thing. He tried many boats for many years and settled on the Shenai. It must be a fast boat. I didn’t buy it, a local outfitter did. I remember speaking to the outfitter, and he was really excited about taking it home to try it out. Ergo, I think it’s probably a fast boat and a very good boat. Worth checking out.

Lou

Price
I think I can get it for $650. please help?

This was a few years ago
The owner wanted $1400. It was a kevlar boat.

Lou

That seems like a good price
if the boat is in decent shape. I believe it’s a boat for a smaller paddler. Angstrom’s wife paddles one.

sing

Wrong Boat But Still Good Price!
Angstrom’s wife has a Tchaika, as someone kindly corrected me in email. :slight_smile:

But, just about any composite boat under $1000 that is in decent shape, is a darn good buy if you like the hull.

sing

sing

If Memory Serves
I think the Shenai was a longer version of the Tchaika. I may actually have an old Wilderness Systems catalog with the specs at home.

Lou

THANKS
This is a 17ft+ boat