Win a new kayak for a great cause!

If this is not the right stage I ask that Brent or moderators let me know and I’ll take this down.

Plug for a fundraising expedition I’m leading.

OperationDeepBlue.org has had a donation from Venture Kayaks of a Lava Jura HV with skeg that is now in the final 48 hours of its auction. Regularly $1700 but at the time of this writing the current high bid is $660. A great poly sea kayak for the bigger paddler, a major upgrade from a rec. boat or an excellent guest boat. Proceeds go to the National Law Enforcement Memorial Fund (NLEOMF.org). Expedition launches May 4th.

Pick up at The River Connection is free and shipping can be arranged at cost.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F254179364404

Feel free to pass the news on to any that might be interested.

See you on the water,
Marshall
The River Connection, Inc.
9 W. Market St.
Hyde Park, NY
845-229-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile
Main: www.the-river-connection.com
Store: www.the-river-connection.us
Facebook: fb.me/theriverconnection

Looks like a great cause, and you aren’t making any money off of it. Unfortunately I and an HV boat are not a match, yet anyway. :slight_smile:

Thanks Celia. It’s been a fun project that to date has raised >$30k just by word of mouth amongst the 7 members. Leading up to launch there’ll be mass media coverage.

See you on the water,
Marshall
9 W. Market St.
Hyde Park, NY
845-229-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile

Where and when is the launch, so interested folks can be there? Just checked the organization’s web site and event isn’t showing.

May 4th Fort Mott, NJ 8am. Updates going on before media interviews.

more also at https://www.facebook.com/OperationDeepBlue.org/

See you on the water,
Marshall Seddon
9 W. Market St.
Hyde Park, NY
845-229-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile

Oops, I was looking at the page for the wrong organization. Thanks!

I’m not sure I should ask as to what you had landed on.

Less than two hours to go for someone to get a $1700 new Venture Jura for less than half price.

See you on the water,
Marshall Seddon
9 W. Market St.
Hyde Park, NY
845-229-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile

I looked at the web site for the organization this benefits, figuring it would easily show on Events for them (NLEOMF.org). Either I got there with too little coffee in my system or they don’t have it easy to find.
I would consider grabbing the boat for someone I know in the CG except that they will be stationed in Anchorage Alaska or another year or so. I still have too many boats and can’t store another for the heck of it that long.

Local area paddler bid and won the kayak. He’s picking up the kayak at The River Connection tomorrow, and likely heading straight to the water.

See you on the water,
Marshall Seddon
9 W. Market St.
Hyde Park, NY
845-229-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile