Winter hobbies for paddlers?

Wow! And our grass is about due for the first mowing.

1 Like

Mine too but it is too wet to mow.

Ours also. It hasn’t dried out from the last deluge and there is more on the way.

1 Like

I intentionally live in circumstances where I don’t have to mow a lawn. Lawns are for golf.

And I don’t play golf. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Spring like this weekend on the Ausable with temps reaching 45 at takeout on Sunday. An easy weekend for a February overnight.

1 Like

Sure was lovely weather and the paddling looks beautiful. Glad you had a great weekend.

No wind?

@Rookie Very little wind. Grayling to camp at White Pine is rarely affected by wind as it is mostly fairly narrow & protected. Sunday there was some tail wind through Connor’s Flats We did get a little headwind on some of the south / southwest reaches past the North Branch but with the sun & warmth we kind of appreciated a bit of a breeze. There was some wind on the way home (going south) but nothing like last year.

That’s a tough group of paddlers. I camped in snow like that a long time ago, complements of the US Army. I have never had the desire to do it again.

It’s a good time. The trip organizer has done it for 39 years. I’ve only been going for maybe 28 years. My daughter flew in from Nashville in the midst of business trip to join me on the trip.

Pretty easy this year with the warm (maybe mid 20s by Sunday AM) temps, sun, and light winds. We have had tougher.

1 Like