women that like to drink lots of water

I actually enjoy
squatting & peeing in the woods. I feel it would detract from my optimal peeing experience to stand.

Trust me,
something built in would be WAY too uncomfortable for sitting a cockpit.

For really long days on exposed coastal waters (especially in a drysuit) where it is too rough to piss out of the boat or to land and pee on shore, the Depends method works best.

It beats draining your drysuit at the end of the day which I’ve seen some do. :wink:

Maybe you’ll change your mind when
your knees go bad. :wink:

ok, I’ll trust … …
… you are most decidedly the expert here on this one , lol … there goes another million dollar idea up in smoke , back to the drawing board …

Keep working on it.
It’s definitely a worthwhile pursuit! :wink:

A Grand Canyon Pee Story

– Last Updated: Feb-13-09 7:51 AM EST –

You folks are too funny!! I'm a newbie, so haven't had the pee problem yet, because my husband, being disabled somewhat, does not want to paddle very long at a time.

As for peeing in the water, out here in the West in some rivers it's required. On river trips in the Grand Canyon, for example, it's required.

I have been a backpacker most of my life. (I'm 55, started out when I was 19. Hiked a lot before that, too.) OK, so here I am, having hiked down South Canyon (NOT a trail, trust me) to Vasey's Paradise waterfall in the Grand Canyon. If you've run the Canyon you know the spot--it's early in your run, 32 river miles below Lee's Ferry, I think. So I'm standing on the beach, looking at the dories and rafts that are arriving, wishing I was with them instead of on foot. I walked over to take a close look at one of the dory boats (awesome boats!!!) and this woman comes up to me who is a passenger. She is wearing brand-new, clean outdoor clothes. She is wearing make-up. She has the nails. She is about 45 years old (my age at the time, too) but has this dyed bouffant hair-do that makes her look like she's from Ohio. Sure enough, it turns out she is from Ohio! She says to me, "Oh, I'm so embarrassed I don't know what to do!" "Can I help you?" I asked, wanting to be kind. She begins to whisper, "They tell us we have to, you know, go to the bathroom in the river! And I'm so embarrassed! What do YOU do?" I say, "I'm not a river runner, I'm a backpacker, and backpackers aren't required to pee in the river." She looks at me with awe and wonder, "Backpackers don't have to pee in the river, but river runners do?" I say, "But how about if we just get all these folks to turn their backs and I will stand here between you and all of them and you can try it." So we did, and she did.

I have often wondered how the following two weeks went for her. Hopefully she got over it! I pointed out to her that down in the Canyon no one is going to even look at her when she's peeing in the river, as everyone else is doing the same thing!

Swatting mosquitoes off your butt
that’s a real distraction from the peeing experience.

Whoever invented Freshette: thank you, thank you, thank you!

Gosh, I’m from Ohio
Does that mean I have to get a new hair-do? Do you think it would be a good idea for me to go out of state for that?

Here’s your product

– Last Updated: Feb-13-09 9:35 AM EST –

http://www.amazon.com/Maxi-Aids-Universal-Portable-Urinal-Unisex/dp/B000JDWD2G/ref=pd_sim_sg_3/185-9045665-8361218

there's others too, many boating stores carry them.

I have been in mosquitos so bad on
Caper’s Island that you could get exsanguinated just dropping trou.An alternative for women is a good thing.

absolutely
Thirst/dry mouth is a common medicinal side effect. I get it from taking benadryl.

On the canyon
I was told it’s “skirts up and pants down”- stream that is. Didn’t they tell her that? Poor thing.

Hope she got used to it- I know I did. By the time we got back in Vegas I seriously thought about peeing in a fountain…

wear a diaper