Wooden kayak worth

I’ve got a wooden kayak, if I remember correctly it is 17 ft. Single rower, sanded to bare wood, been in shed so very dusty,. Anybody have any idea what it might be worth?

Got pics? Not much to go on. Is it cedar strip? Plywood?

If you could find someone that wanted it and could bring it back to a useable boat I would give it to them.

I’m sorry, I have more pictures but my Internet is as slow as dial up. :frowning:

Like I said… Free to a good home

I’m not sure “sanded to bare wood” adequately describes the condition or construction. In the picture I’m seeing significant water damage and evidence at least of fiberglass reinforcement at the seams, which does not look to be in good condition at all.

It will be a labour of love (and a bunch of time) if someone is to restore this boat.

Thank you all for your input, I appreciate it very much! :slight_smile:

It’s good as a decorative prop.

Where are you?

Oklahoma

@iamjanita@yahoo.com said:
Oklahoma

It would have to be worth $1,500 for me . That’s driving cost. I don’t think you have that. A kit for a similar boat would be about $1,100. In good shape maybe $900. You don’t have that. It might be able to come back. But used wood boat values vary a lot depending upon condition, fit, finish, and artismal quality.

It could have a second life as a wall hanger in a nautical or outdoor theme business…

Grayhawk gave you 2 good options:

1. Free to anyone who wants a project.
  2. A wall hanger.

The cost of restoration would likely be more than the boat is worth.

BOB

Thank you all. :slight_smile:

I’d advertise locally somebody will take it for a low price.