Would you want to follow this down the highway?

Freya Hofmier, rolling champion, carries her kayaks on the top of a motor home. But that’s in Europe where the units may be shorter. She’s also a youngish fit gymnist body builder kayaker. Not gravity challenged, like yours truly.

Freya is still incredibly fit but hardly a spring chicken any more – she turned 54 last May. She’s currently paddling around the coast of North America, in stages. She completed circumnavigations of South America and Australia since 2008. She can afford light composite boats, though she started out with a Feathercraft folder.

Now HERE is an elegant kayak transport arrangement:

@willowleaf said:
Freya is still incredibly fit but hardly a spring chicken any more – she turned 54 last May. …

Fifty -four seems younger every year.

That was a good age for me .

I’ve been eyeing the mid-sized Ford Transit vans to make my own travel camper-- I can see carrying sea kayaks on the roof of one of those.

We went to Iceland for a month and saw many “motor homes” At $2.40 a LITER for gasoline you betcha the motor homes were quite small… Nothing like the ones usually found here.

I have seen some front end brackets for front bumpers but nothing longer than 12 feet carried… Glad I don’t have to do that! For that reason we went no MH and no 5 wheel.

We have a 17’ Casita travel trailer, and can put two 17’ kayaks on top the car.

I think Castoff has the right idea. Allows you to leave the trailer at the campground and haul the boats to the launch site.

@castoff said:
We have a 17’ Casita travel trailer, and can put two 17’ kayaks on top the car.

I have similar rig configuration .