Yellowstone Lake.

Any recommendation on outfitters for day paddling or a short overnigt kayak trip on Yellowstone Lake? I’ll be there next week. I found a few places online, but if anyone has first hand experience, it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer.

OARS outfitters
we went on a day trip with OARS outfitters on lake yellowstone last week.The guide said this was the last booked trip of the season.He said we really lucked out on the weather{temperature and wind)for this time of the year.

Paddling in Yellowstone Park now…
I live in Cody, just east of YNP. It is cold and wet today. Snow is predicted for tonight. The Lake will be just plain inhospitable, if not dangerous.

String Lake in Grand Teton Park, is small “warm” and “sheltered”. It is a nice place to spend part or all of a day in a spectacular setting. It looks like the weather will not warm up until Friday.

George in Cody, WY

Yellowstone Lake…
A company named Xanterra does a lot of the hotel and scenic tour stuff for Yellowstone Park. I know they can be used for shuttles but not certain if they outfit…if they don’t, they probably know who does.

Xanterra

307 344 7311

or www.travelyellowstone.com

Other options would be the Chamber of Commerce for West Yellowstone, MT or the Chamber for Gardiner, MT or Cody, Wy.

btw… a great trip is Lewis Lake, up the Lewis Channel (the only river in the park open for paddling) and into Shoshone lake (the largest backcountry lake in the lower 48)… Figure a minimum of 3 days for a nice trip…more if you have the time. The Shoshone Geyser basin is only accesible by either boat or backpacking…and it’s a spectaular destination.